How to Write The Perfect Love Letter
Are You in Love?
You need to make sure before writing a love letter for someone, that you are truly and sincerely in love with the person it is intended for. No amount of words is going to make someone fall in love with you if they don't.
Below are a couple of questions you need to ask yourself before professing your undying love.
- Does this person deserve your declaration of love?
- Has this person showed you they share the same feelings as you?
- Is this a genuine good person?
- Are you really in love with this person's spiritual being or is the attraction purely physical?
Once you have finished asking yourself these questions and came to your conclusion you are connected to this certain someone special, you can start to write your love letter.
What Kind of Person are You Writing for?
The first thing you need to figure out when writing your love letter is to figure out what kind of stuff the person you're writing for might find enticing. What's their forte? Different types of people, like different styles of writing, you need to figure out which one will work for your sweetie.
Below are four different examples on how to write a love letter, based on what kind of person your love may be like.
How to Write a Love Letter: The Sports Lover
If your sweetie has an obsession for fast-paced, sports, physical activities, then you might want to throw those things into your love letter. I am not saying you should write a football game plan or anything similar to that. But you could throw some sporty sayings or athletic lingo into your love letter, no matter how cheeky you make it.
Your partner will find it both appealing and interesting if it involves things they like. They will also more than likely find your cheeky humor you threw in, very entertaining. Plus it shows them you actually pay attention to the things they like.
A few examples of how to start a love letter for your sports lover would be:
- Dear (Lover's Name) You make my heart beat as if I am trying to win one of those Winston races you watch.
- Dear (Your Lover's Favorite Team Mascot) When I first met you, I knew I scored a Touchdown.
- Dear (Lover's Name) You are like a two point shot in a crowded room.
I know you are probably reading these thinking how corny, but the truth is if your sweetie is the right one. They will be so delighted by your effort to throw in their interests.
How to Write a Love Letter: The Romantic
If your sweetie is the romantic type then the best route for you to go would be to base your love letter on something that is more formal and passionate. Think about writing a letter focusing on how you met them and what you love about them. A romantic at heart will gush over letters of this kind.
Below are a few examples of how to write a romantic letter:
- Dear (Your Lover's Name) When I first laid eyes on you I knew my heart had met its soul.
- Dear (Your Lover's Name) Your eyes are like diamonds shining in the night sky.
- Dear (Your Lover's Name) Our first date was the beginning of my life.
All of these might sound somewhat sappy, but the romantic (Juliet or Romeo) in your life will fall in love all over again.
How to Write a Love Letter: The Dark Lover
If your lover is more of the dark and mysterious kind then they will require a much deeper and darker kind of love letter. Nothing brutal or horrid, just make sure to reach into the deeper depth's of your soul when writing for this type of love.
A few examples are:
- Dear Soul-Mate, My heart is dead without you, you are the blood it needs to keep beating.
- Dear Mysterious thief, When you stole my heart from me, I was complete, you have showed me the love I have within my soul.
- Dear (Your Lover's Name) You are my air, you are my tears, you are my everything.
Some of these may seem a little over the top but the dark love of your life, will become completely smitten by your efforts.
How to Write a Love Letter: The Comedian
This is the funniest type of lover to write for, you can go crazy with this type of love letter. Make it as funny as possible, throw humor and puns in like crazy. This type of lover loves super cheesy pick-up lines.
A few examples are:
- Dear (Your Lover's Name) Are you from Tennessee because you are the only ten I see.
- Dear (Your Lover's Name) You are the Billy in my Hill-Billy and I love it.
- Dear Butter Bean, You are like cutting wind in the dark, totally awesome.
Anything funny and corny will do.
Love, Love, Love
The true key to writing the perfect love letter, is the heart of the person the letter is meant for. If they love you, then they will love no matter what you write for them. So write down your emotions and tell them how you feel, be honest and passionate and things will fall into place.
More by this Author
I have spent the vast majority of my life hating my body. That is until I realized my opinion is the only one that matters, when it comes to how my body looks.
There is no magic button when trying to make your girlfriend/wife weak in the knees. The secret to making a woman happy starts within the heart.
You don't have to spend a fortune on a beauty product for it to work. Some of the best natural, cruelty-free products can be made at home with items you would find in your fridge or cabinet.