Wedding Expenses List
Common Wedding Expenses
Wedding costs can quickly get out of hand. That's why it's good to have an idea of typical wedding expenses. This hub is a semi-exhaustive list of the most common expenses in today's weddings because let's face it, you probably don't have $30,000 lying around ready to spend on a wedding.
Keeping this list of wedding expenses in mind, you should be able to create a healthy wedding budget, have an understanding of different expenses and better prepare for that all important day.
- Wedding Consultant on Twitter
Don't forget to follow me on twitter for more great wedding advice
Wedding Expenses List
Here's a list of typical wedding expenses. Keep in mind the amounts are approximate and can vary depending on amounts, location, personal preferences, etc.
Before the wedding day, you will already be paying money for various wedding expenses. Costs for these items can vary between $800-$5000. Here's a list of the most common wedding expenses that will need to be covered well before the wedding day:
- Wedding invitations
- Bride's wedding attire (wedding gown, garter, accessories)
- Engagement and wedding rings
Wedding Ceremony Expenses
A standard wedding ceremony could could anywhere from $1,000 (for the very thrifty couple) to $10,000+ (for the very lavish couple). Expenses for the wedding ceremony include:
- Site rental
- Decorations (flowers, bows, plants,etc.)
- Outfit rental/purchase (bridesmaids, groomsmen, and so forth)
- Wedding services (such as the wedding officiant, coordinator, planner, videographer, photographer)
Wedding Reception Expenses
The wedding reception is where you will find the most wedding expenses. (Keep this in mind when budgeting.) Costs here can vary widely depending on whether or not alcohol is served, how many guests you plan to feed, etc. but can be anywhere from $2000 (for a very frugal couple!) to $15,000+ (for a more lavish reception). Expenses include:
- Entertainment (DJ, MC, musicians)
- Food services (bartender/s, catering staff, cooks, food/alcohol costs, wedding cake)
- Decorations (centerpieces, wedding favors, etc.)
- Wedding gifts (typically collected at this time)
Wedding Expenses Video
There are also a number of post-wedding expenses to expect. Costs can vary (as usual) depending on a number of factors, but expect to pay at least $500 to $10,000+ (the biggest factor here is whether or not you take a honeymoon).
- Limo driver to take you to hotel/airport
- Thank you cards (written to those who gave gifts, those who helped make the wedding happen and anyone else of your choosing)
- Free Resources for your Wedding
After a very short sign up process (basically enter your email address and name), you can get a free bride's manual and a guest list tool. These free wedding resources give you checklists, tools and other goodies that will help tremendously.
- Calculate Wedding Expenses Online
A free wedding expense guide where you can plug your own numbers into an online spreadsheet and it automatically updates your expenses.
More by this Author
Wedding tips are sometimes a taboo subject. Who should I tip and how much are questions often asked by brides and grooms. Here's a breakdown of each vendor with suggested tip amounts...
Knowing how to stuff wedding invitations isn't common knowledge. Instructions, if you get them, are in print and don't have pictures or video. Not anymore...Now you can have video, pictures and step by step directions...
Wedding gown restoration is becoming more and more popular these days. Here are some tips for restoring and cleaning a wedding dress. Restoring a wedding dress has never been easier!