Wedding Quotes to Justify Marriage
"Union gives strength."
You might rightly ask, why would you need wedding quotes to justify your marriage? Well, because your marriage may be also a celebration of differences. You and your lover may come from different cultural backgrounds, you may have different religious beliefs, you may be from different generations, you may be of the same sex.
Regardless of the different traditions you and your loved one were raised with, these are all there to enrich our lives.
The following amusing proverbs reveal that all cultures of the world view marriage through the same set of smiling eyes. You can use these wedding and marriage quotes when you settle down to craft your wedding vows or write your wedding invitations to friends and family. Alternatively, you can simply beneﬁt from contemplating the message contained in them.
You and your lover may come from anywhere in the world, the following selection offers a few laughs and maybe words of wisdom from the ages. Maybe you'll find one from a tradition other than yours, an unexpected source, to complete your vows and make the moment even more special.
Take what serves you. Be enriched by all.
- Married today, married tomorrow.
- To love and be wise is impossible.
- Love never dies of starvation, but often of indigestion.
- One cannot be a lover by force.
- Love takes away the sight, and matrimony restores it.
- Early marriage, long love.
- He who loves a thing often talks of it.
- Whom we love best, to them we can often say little.
- Puppy love can lead to a dog’s life.
- Let him not be a lover who has no courage.
- It is better to love someone you cannot have than to have someone you cannot love.
- Lovers always think that others are blind.
— Italian proverb
- Where there’s no love, all faults are seen.
- Better love me little, but love me long.
- Love is strongest in pursuit—marriage in possession.
- If more people tried as hard to stay married as they do to get married, fewer marriages would go on the rocks.
- Love rules its kingdom without a sword.
- Love will creep where it cannot go.
- Even when it rains, old and true love never rusts.
- There’s always room for love in a budget.
- Love makes men orators.
- Love makes time pass away, but too often time makes love pass away.
- Love or a ﬁre in your trousers is not easy to conceal.
- Love is an excuse for its own faults.
- Love knows hidden paths. All the hidden paths.
- Love laughs at locksmiths.
- Marriage is not a race; you can always get there on time.
- He who marries might be sorry; he who does not will be sorry.
- The best minister in life is the human heart; the best teacher is time; the best friend is God.
- Marriage is a game best played by two winners.
- There may be snow on the roof, but there is still a ﬁre in the chimney.
- An old love does not rust.
- He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals.
- Forced love does not last.
- It is easy to reconcile when there is love.
- A man too good for the world is not good to his wife.
- If love interferes with your business, quit your business.
- Love, a cough, and poverty will not remain a secret.
- Love and blindness are twin sisters.
- Love and foolishness differ from each other only in name.
- Choose your love and then love your choice.
- Love, like rain, does not choose the grass on which it falls.
- Love enters man through his eyes; a woman through her ears.
- In love affairs there comes a moment when desire demands possession.
- Love has made heroes of many and fools of many more.
- Love at ﬁrst sight is cured by a second look.
- Love is a ring, and a ring has no end.
- The loneliest person is someone who loves only himself.
- Love is sweet torment.
- Love is all-important, and it is its own reward.
- Marriage and cooking call for forethought.
- It is better to marry a quiet fool than a witty scold.
More Wedding and Marriage Quotes
- Love levels all inequalities.
- Love looks for love again.
- Love is never without jealousy.
- Love cannot dwell with suspicion.
- Love is never without some thorns.
- Love is not an impartial judge.
- Love is shown by deeds, not by words.
- Love is the true price of love.
- Love is like butter - it’s good with bread.
- Love is like fog; there is no mountain on which it does not rest.
— Hawaiian proverb
- Love is the master of all arts.
More Love Quotes
- Amusing Quotes about Love
Do you believe in true love? Do you believe in love at first sight? Do you believe in love lasting forever? If the answer is yes, these amazing quotes about love may be something you want to see. I have also included image of history's most famous pa
- Latin Quotes about Love
In this hub, I collected all my favorite Latin quotes about love from such authors as Ovid, Catullus, Seneca, Terence, etc. Most of them are ancient Roman authors, but - surprisingly or not, - they had quite similar conceptions of love as we do in mo
Life Changing Quotes
- Life Changing Quotes
These amazing, life changing quotes are inspirational, because they remind us to stand on our two feet and do something with our lives. It's up us to...
More by this Author
Islam is in full support of romantic love and men are prompted to have sex with their wives, advised during the month of fasting (Ramadan).
I present my selection of timeless wedding poems and blessings from multiple cultures around the world to serve as a boilerplate from which you can create your own personal wedding vows and love poems to show your love,...
Learn basic Arabic words and phrases as spoken in the Gulf States, and use them as a polite gesture when traveling to Dubai.