What to Write in a Sympathy Card for a Mother or Father
Pink and Yellow Rose
Butterfly on Flowers
Image of a hazy coastline
Sending Sympathy Cards
If you are in a situation where you are considering sending a sympathy card or not, I would encourage you to go ahead and send one. It means so much to people during a time of loss, and I and my family have experienced this first hand. The other thought that often comes to mind is this. Is it ever too late to send a sympathy card? I think the definite answer is no, it is never too late to send one. The person may very much appreciate being thought of, especially sometimes after some time has passed when a loved one passes away.
Sending a card to someone in the event of the passing of their mother or father is a very kind thing to do. One need not send a paper card, as nice as those are, and they are my preferred way of sending a message. You can send a simple email expressing your condolences to someone for their loss. Or you can send an e-card to someone, say through Hallmark or some other site like Dayspring Cards, etc. There are so many now.
One of the reasons I share ideas like this, is because recently I was in need of a sympathy card for a loved one, whose mother had just passed away. I knew I wanted to send a nice card. After taking the time to go to the card store, I actually didn't love any of the selections I saw that were left there. I found one I could use, but again, it didn't have the perfect words for what I needed.
Below I share some ideas you can use on a Mother's or Father's sympathy card. Hopefully they can be something you can use, or inspire you to come up with your own. With so many people making their own homemade cards, these ideas may come in handy if you aren't sure of the exact words to use or express. Often, you are sharing in the loss yourself.
Ideas of What to Write in a Sympathy Card for a Mother or Father
- As you remember you Mother, know that others are thinking of you and wishing your comfort. So sorry for your loss.
- Sending loving thoughts and wishes for comfort during the loss of your Mother.
- Sending my thoughts and prayers to you today, as you remember your Father.
- Our Family sends our sincerest condolences for the loss of your Father. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
- Sending love and sympathy to you today, as you mourn the loss of your Mother.
- Please know we are praying for you and thinking of you today. So sorry for your loss.
- Praying for comfort and peace as you remember your loved one today. Sending our love and Sympathy
-May the love and memories you have for your Father (or Mother) help to bring comfort to you, both today and in the future.
-Sending lour love and prayers to you today. So sorry for your loss.
- As you remember your Mother today, know others share in your loss. Sending love and warm thoughts your way.
- May God's love and comfort help to sustain you during this time. Praying for you, and sending sympathy for the loss of your Father.
- Sending heartfelt sympathy to you and your family today. So sorry for your loss.
- Sending love and warm thoughts, as you remember your Father today.
- Thinking of you today, as you remember your Mother.
Thank you for taking the time to care about someone else during their time of loss. In a world that seems to be filled more and more with people that just don't care too much, or are selfish, it is especially a kind thing to do. You never know the overall ripple effects that come from loving and kind actions to others. You can be sure however, that it will make a difference.
© Copyright 2013 by Oceansnsunsets. All Rights Reserved.
Sympathy During Loss- Poll
Have you ever been the recipient of a card after the loss of a loved one? Did it mean a lot to you?See results without voting
More by this Author
You have the power to make the difference in the life of another human being. These are some simple ideas to share in a note or card with someone, to be an encouragement to them. Send it in an email, or real paper...
Sending a thoughtful note to someone might really make their day. These are some ideas of sentiments you can include in a thinking of you card or note.
Sending a card or note to someone that is not feeling well can mean more than you know. If you have ever received a card at a time like that, then you know first hand. These messages and verses are meant to be an...