Women Proposing To Men
Why Do Women Propose To Men?
There has been a long-lasting tradition commonly known as the leap year tradition. This tradition originated in Ireland and dates back at least hundreds of years. It is said that the leap year tradition started because at the time, leap day was not acknowledged by English law. Because of that, women concluded that traditions didn't matter on leap day and took advantage of it. Therefore, women would go against tradition and propose to their men. It's kind of ironic how it started as women 'going against tradition', but in turn, they STARTED a new one.
"Reverse proposing", a term used in reference to a woman proposing to a man, is a growing trend. More and more men are the ones wearing the engagement ring these days. Why shouldn't the woman propose to the man? Women do it for the same reasons that men do it. They are in love and want to spend the rest of their lives with their man.
How To Propose To A Man
Believe it or not, men like to be romanced just as much (if not more) as women. Men who get proposed to generally have a good response to the proposal. It makes many of them feel honored because not many men get proposed to and of course, because they know just how much their woman loves them.
You can do many different things to propose to a man. It really depends on your personal preference and it is ultimately your decision on what you decide to do. Some people want to go all out and be ultra romantic on the day they propose. Others take a simple approach. Others are lighthearted. Everyone is different. Here are just a few ideas of what you could do when proposing to your man:
- Men like romance, so it is a good idea to think of different ways that YOU would like to be proposed to. Put yourself in his position. What would you like?
- It can be simple, such as making him dinner or going on a picnic.
- You could propose where you first met, first kissed, first went out on a date, etc.
- You could take him to his favorite sporting event and propose; either while you're there or after it's over (especially if his team wins).
- I have heard of people who ask publicly for their man's hand in marriage (such as posting the question on a billboard).
- You could propose on his birthday or a holiday.
- Get something custom-made such as a fortune cookie strategically placed with their meal or invest in custom-made m&m's.
- Another personal preference is getting down on one knee. Many people do it, while many others do not. There is nothing wrong with whichever you choose.
Men's Engagement Rings
No matter how you decide to propose to your man, you still have a dilemma: what should you do about an engagement ring?
Once again, that can be tackled in multiple ways. Some people propose to their man with an engagement ring, while others do not.
It is okay to not have an engagement ring already picked out for the proposal. A lot of times, there will be a fairly elaborate proposal and then the couple will decide to look at rings together.
If you DO decide to propose with an engagement ring, it is smart to know beforehand what kind of ring he will like. Try dropping very subtle hints over an extended period of time (so he doesn't catch on).
- Casually ask him if he prefers a gold color or silver color.
- Try to get specifics. Find out if he likes titanium, stainless steel, white gold, yellow gold, platinum, etc.
- Find out if he likes diamonds or any kind of other design. Men's engagement rings have many different styles! Check them out.
- Find out if he prefers any particular brand.
- You could always look at some rings online and say you "just happened to come across them". Then get his opinion.
- Look for places that make custom jewelry. If you can't find what you are looking for, this is definitely a great option for you. The staff should be able to help you in any ways you need.
- Getting his ring size is also a great idea.
Remember that men getting proposed to is much more common these days. It isn't solely done on leap year days like it used to. Most jewelry stores carry men's engagement rings and if they don't, I'm sure you'll be able to find one that has exactly what you're looking for!
More by this Author
Looking to remodel your bath or shower? I picked Bath Fitter. Here, I explain why we picked them, how our installation went, and what we think of the finished product.
Thinking of getting a new bathtub, shower, or maybe a bathtub/shower combo? They each have their pros and cons.
Thinking of renovating your bathroom? Consider getting a clawfoot bathtub. They come in many different styles and sizes. Come look at the pros and cons of these classy bathtubs.
No comments yet.