brittvan22 profile image 73

How do you set up boundaries for family members, who obviously do not respect your authority?

Ok, so your parent dies that is taking care of your sibiling unexpectedly. You have noticed her sibiling being rather disrespectful. She takes the children you are now responsible for out after 9pm and does not think to ask you. You have noticed little disrespectful behavior, as you have asked several times for her to respect others and keep her conversation down. Finally, you say after literally 8 times, "Shut the hell up!" She hears you then, but the lack of respect continues, now she wants to leave and take the children with her three 1/2 hrs away, what do you do, how do you set boundaries?

Mazzy Bolero profile image92

Mazzy Bolero says

• brittvan22 profile image

brittvan22 4 years ago

Thanks for your input, I hate asserting authority unless its absolutely necessary, because we're all adults, but I am solely responsible for my sister, daughter, and aunt. Didnt think of it as we were all thats left of Mom. Thanks.

Motherbynature profile image83

Motherbynature says

• brittvan22 profile image

brittvan22 4 years ago

Thanks, she is a handful, I think you may have hit the nail on the head, hadn't thought of that, but I know what Mom thought of alot of things/people and I am trying to be sensitive to all parties, but I'm on human. Thanks.

Cara.R profile image79

Cara.R says

• brittvan22 profile image

brittvan22 4 years ago

I agree, this is an issue my Mom had with her as well, she told me I'm not fighting with you, too! I'm don't not fight unless defending myself. She is very unreasonable, but I think she got most of the point yesterday, when I put my foot down. W.I.P.

0

CJ Sledgehammer says

• brittvan22 profile image

brittvan22 4 years ago

She is my Mom's older sister and I'm responsible for baby sister, daughter, and aunt now. Thats my stance I just hate having to do that to an elder, but it has to be done.

brittvan22 profile image73

brittvan22 says

0

LikaMarie says