ReneeDC1979 profile image 60

Do you think it is selfish for people to stay married because of the kids?

kathleenkat profile image89

kathleenkat says

• ReneeDC1979 profile image

Renee' D. Campbell (ReneeDC1979) 4 years ago

Thank you kathleenkat for your comment. I think SELFLESS is the answer for this hub, it seems to be the majority answer.

Lisa HW profile image84

Lisa HW says

• ReneeDC1979 profile image

Wow Lisa HW, thank you for your comment/testimony. It is amazing to me what the "outside world" does when they get involved in these situations.

• ReneeDC1979 profile image

Thank you lburmaster -this is a hard situation for the parents and the children- then the question comes up - should i disregard my happiness so my kids have a 2 parent home which society says is better than single parents raising their kids together

• ReneeDC1979 profile image

Thank you dashingscorpio. I like your ending - we use the kids as an excuse. and i have always thought (as a product of divorced parents) you can't raise me to be happy if you aren't.

• ReneeDC1979 profile image

Thanks for your comment duffsmom. I wonder if it's easier if the parents just stay, whether they are happy or not so that there is less of a struggle for kids to grow up and do well in school and function "normally" because it is the ideal family.