Anaydena profile image 83

How do you get over a broken heart?

I've been with my husband 8 years, a week and a half ago was our 6 year marriage anniversary. We have been through almost everything a relationship can go through. We are currently in separate states due to financial issues. Me with family and him with friends. On our anniversary this year he wouldn't make time to talk to me and suggested we no longer be together. Angry, I huffed an agreement thinking that this time would be like the others. Unfortunately... it isn't so. I'm in so much pain I don't know what to do with myself. How do you get over someone you spent almost a decade with?

sweetzara profile image85

Zara Rasul (sweetzara) says

• CJ Sledgehammer 4 years ago

There are some wounds that time cannot heal. :0)

abbykorinnelee profile image80

Abigayle Malchow (abbykorinnelee) says

• CJ Sledgehammer 4 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear of your misery, but am glad to hear of your gradual recovery. By the way, he is exactly the same man you married, but opportunities presented themselves which allowed him to seize the day. He probably always lacked a moral spine.

• Anaydena profile image

Mia Trueheart (Anaydena) 4 years ago

No, it wasn't, it meant that we've been through almost everything, good and bad. Our children's births, finding out about our son's autism, deaths in the family, cheating, etc. The good and the bad. I thank you, however, for taking the time to read.

Anaydena profile image83

Mia Trueheart (Anaydena) says

• CJ Sledgehammer 4 years ago

Just know that I feel your pain, too, for I have already walked in your shoes and have seen the rising sun. Best wishes and be well - C.J.

P.S. I'll be here if you want to talk further. Sometimes talking about things helps the healing process along.

0

CJ Sledgehammer says