Au fait profile image 95

Men, what do you most dislike about Valentine's Day?

Lots of men tell me they dislike Valentine's Day and that they would rather skip it. To the men out there . . . what do you dislike most about Valentine's Day?

multiculturalsoul profile image91

JJ Murray (multiculturalsoul) says

• lupine profile image

lupine 4 years ago

Good points to consider...celebrate your way and everyday!

• Au fait profile image

C E Clark (Au fait) 4 years ago

In fact some men are jerks and the word love never passes their lips let alone influences their behavior. So glad to know you aren't one of them. I'm not sure uniqueness is as important as just making a small gesture-- or create your own tradition.

leroy64 profile image80

Brian L. Powell (leroy64) says

• Au fait profile image

C E Clark (Au fait) 4 years ago

Appreciate your response. Is it always necessary to buy something? There are many ways to show your love and I think some of the best ones do not involve money. Have a special dinner at home. Turn off the phone and have some quality time . . .

connorj profile image79

John Connor (connorj) says

• Au fait profile image

C E Clark (Au fait) 4 years ago

It IS called St. Valentine's Day, but most of us shorten it because life is speeding by all the time so we are always looking for shortcuts. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

jravity1 profile image74

jravity1 says

CJ Sledgehammer 4 years ago

Indeed. There are "givers" and there are "takers" and we know which way it usually plays out. As the Book of Proverbs says, "There is nothing new under the sun."

greencha profile image66

greencha says

khmohsin profile image61

khmohsin says

dl7b profile image60

dl7b says

IrfanMirzaa profile image60

Irfan Mirza (IrfanMirzaa) says

• Au fait profile image

C E Clark (Au fait) 4 years ago

Glad to know that you are able to enjoy it without allowing other people to dictate to you how you should celebrate it!

buddhaanalysis says

• Au fait profile image

C E Clark (Au fait) 4 years ago

I don't think love is artificial for very many women. Any act of love is only as artificial as you choose to make it. Do you think it's artificial to celebrate someone's existence on their designated birthday instead of a day of your own choosing?

CJ Sledgehammer says

• Au fait profile image

C E Clark (Au fait) 4 years ago

No one ever spent $300 on me for Valentine's Day, nor do I know anyone who was so spoiled. I would like to hope the self-centeredness of the women you overheard talking was the exception. Thank you for your thoughts.

• Au fait profile image

C E Clark (Au fait) 4 years ago

You sound as if you have no control over commercialization. No one can take the meaning out of anything for you unless you let them. Read my hub on Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays. Thank you for your sharing your thoughts.

Larry Wall says