healthylife2 profile image 94

Destroy all Evil

If you could completely get rid of all evil(your own definition such as poverty,murder,child slavery etc.) in the world by killing one innocent child would you do it?

TerryK81 profile image61

Best Answer Terry A. Kennedy (TerryK81) says

• healthylife2 profile image

Healthy Life (healthylife2) 4 years ago

It is a purely philosophical question because there isn't a real option to end all evil in the world. I agree that it is still murder and would never do it even if it would end all evil. However, a group of lawyers I asked said they would.

dewilliams30 profile image79

Donnetta Williams (dewilliams30) says

• healthylife2 profile image

Healthy Life (healthylife2) 4 years ago

I agree that most of us couldn't do it. The interesting thing is that when I was practicing briefly during my attorney days almost everyone said they would do it in a heartbeat! Interesting and much appreciated responses:).

healthyfitness profile image82

Rick Grimes (healthyfitness) says

• healthylife2 profile image

Healthy Life (healthylife2) 4 years ago

We don't really have the power to get rid of all the evil in the world but it's interesting to think about how far people would go if we did.

Stina Caxe profile image87

Cristina (Stina Caxe) says

• healthylife2 profile image

Healthy Life (healthylife2) 4 years ago

Great answer Stina Caxe! I feel the same way.

• JMcFarland profile image

Julie McFarland (JMcFarland) 4 years ago

Your answer is surprising, jt - don't you believe that god handled the sin of the entire world by killing and torturing his innocent son?

Rayne123 says

• healthylife2 profile image

Healthy Life (healthylife2) 4 years ago

Thanks for that insightful answer Rayne123. Even if it wasn't my own child I could never do it but the majority of the lawyers I used to work for said that theywould in order to completely eliminate evil so these answers restore my faith in humanity.