suzzycue profile image 84

How do you stay strong when your best friend, mentor, hero is going through cancer? She is so weak.

My friend three days before new years day was told she has cancer. She had been in hospital for a month then sent to a nursing home for a month because it was close to Baltimore University Hospital so she could get her radiation treatments. Marylou made it threw the radiation but now is going threw Kemo treatments and yes I probably spelled it wrong. I have been here with her in Maryland helping her for 2 weeks now . I am watching her struggle as I am the one giving her kemo pills that are zapping her away from me. She let go with no vidal signs at the Doctors office today. She is ok now.

SidKemp profile image94

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

Thanks a lot Sidkemp. I will practice all your encouraging thoughts. Last night while marylou was in hospital I had the most wonderful whirlpool bath. I understand now how important the me is. Until last night I was forgetting me. Take Care yourself.

torrilynn profile image79

torrilynn says

PurvisBobbi44 profile image91

PurvisBobbi44 says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

Thank you Bobbi for your encouraging words and your prayers. God bless you for your strength for your sister. I am a baby with these kind of things also.

vocalcoach profile image95

Audrey Hunt (vocalcoach) says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

Thanks a lot vocalcoach. I was putting myself down for crying but no more . You have helped me realize I am doing a good job.

liesl5858 profile image83

Linda Bryen (liesl5858) says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

Seems our friends got sick at the same time. You helped me by sharing your story thank you lies15858. God Bless you and your friend, You are in my prayers.

Stacie L profile image87

Stacie L says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

I am doing my best to be strong but last night after she went into the hospital again I lost it and that is why I asked for help and I thankyou Stacie for your help and everyone else's help to keep me strong is amazing. I can do this!

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

I agree with you lone77star it is poison. It is taking it's toll on her but the treatments are almost over. But you are also right as we almost lost her twice and she has come back to us. Thank you for your wisdom on the child of God. I believe that.

ChitrangadaSharan profile image84

Chitrangada Sharan (ChitrangadaSharan) says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

Thank you for your encouraging words ChitrangadaSharan. I continually pray and trust in God.

How To Deal With Cancer84

How To Deal With Cancer

|  68 comments
  • Sunshine625 profile image

Linda Bilyeu (Sunshine625) 3 years ago

I'm sorry that you and your friend are having to deal with cancer. I appreciate you sharing your journey with us. I've been on the journey for many years with my mom and now husband...this hub helped me cope a bit. Thank you for the nudge.

pstraubie48 profile image90

Patricia Scott (pstraubie48) says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

What a great story. Thank you pstraubie48. I will be reading a lot of these answers over and over. I so appreciate you sending the angels. I also believe in angels. You are worthy.

delaneyworld profile image82

delaneyworld says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

One moment at a time is good. I like that. Thank you delaneyworld for your help and your prayers along with everyone else's prayers are very much appreciated. You guys are the best! Thank you!

lorddraven2000 profile image87

Sam Little (lorddraven2000) says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

I bet he was a great Hero and a great friend . Thank you lordraven2000 for sharing this with me. God bless you. This is the hardest thing I have ever done and I understand your feelings more than you know.

cre8ivOne profile image83

cre8ivOne says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

You had a strong friendship with your friend just like I do. Things are good today and we shared breakfast and coffee this morning. Thank you cre8ivOne. It is great when Marylou can eat anything. I loved your encouraging words.

cat on a soapbox profile image82

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

Thank you Cat on a soap box. I like your name and am grateful you wrote in to advise me.

PJ Stuart profile image60

PJ Stuart says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

Wow thank you PJ Stuart. I appreciate all your kindness and prayers. I love hang tough and believe.

suzzycue profile image84

Susan Britton (suzzycue) says

ramkimeena profile image61

ramkimeena says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

Thank you ramkimeena. I do not want to be pittied but your words are comforting and I relate closely to their message. I will keep your thoughts close in my mind. I appreciate all the time everyone spent to help me today to feel hope, strength.

Kris Hodaj profile image59

Kris Hodaj says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

You have helped Kris and your advice is understood. I will work on your suggestion. Thank you.

Alaina Smith Cain profile image61

Alaina Smith Cain says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

Thank you Alaina. I think Marylou is going through it stronger than me and I am hoping for the best. Sorry you went through it and it fell apart. I feel good I was in a position to be able to come and be here with marylou.

Globetrekkermel profile image64

Globetrekkermel says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

Awesome I will. Thank you Globetrekkermel. Thank you Hubbers for your much needed support. You have made me understand my strength for Marylou.

devisree profile image46

devisree says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

I believe in miracles and I agree with you devisree God will cure my friend. I trust in God.

shivanchirakkal10 profile image60

shivanchirakkal10 says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

shivanchirakkal10 Thank you so much for sharing your story and giving me hope. Your story is similar to what I am going through. Marylou is back home now and getting stronger. She is still taking chemo pills and I sit near her all the time.

0

Vickiw says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

We have been reminising about her family and about our travels together. Marylou likes that you are right. Thank you for your help Vickiw.

padmendra profile image2

PADMENDRA S R (padmendra) says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

OH I needed to hear this this morning. I was slipping thanks a lot padmendra