JMcFarland profile image 90

How exactly are Christians claiming persecution by the repeal of DOMA?

I hear all the time that the homosexuals are "forcing their agenda" on others, and that Christians are being forced too accept them, and I can't figure out how. No one its forcing any churches to perform same sex marriages. No one is forcing you to attend a same sex wedding. Gay people are asking for no special rights. They want the same exact rights that you have - no more, no less. I get that your holy book is against it, but you do not get to make laws for everybody based on your religion. So what's the problem?

d.william profile image84

d.william says

Deepes Mind says

• FatFreddysCat profile image

Keith Abt (FatFreddysCat) 3 years ago

A guy at my office today was giving us the "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" routine. I said, "What are you, twelve?"

Sri T profile image81

Sri T (the mystic) (Sri T) says

• JMcFarland profile image

Julie McFarland (JMcFarland) 3 years ago

how exactly is the media forcing the agenda by, i don't know, covering the news? The supreme court decisions today on DOMA and Prop 8 were news. Fox conveniently ignored it for several minutes, but it's still news.

• JMcFarland profile image

I agree with you. no one should be able to force someone to perform a ceremony if it is against their religious convictions, but I've never heard of a story when they did. Do you have a link to an article or something?