Laura Schneider profile image 93

Is bickering over little stuff and having constructive arguments a bad thing in a relationship?

Is it bad in familial and/or spousal relationships? Or, is it normal as long as it's kept civil? For example, bickering over what movie to see or whose turn it is to do the dishes.

word55 profile image82

Word (word55) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

I totally agree, word55--open communication is key as long as it's constructive and not hurtful. Love IS the key!

Good seeing you again! Happy holidays to you, also! :-) Cheers!

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

TOO funny--"opposites attract attorneys!" :-) Love that line!

Great advice on bickering, too. I'm right with you: if it's not worth fighting over, then just plain DON'T. If it IS, and happens often, get a lawyer and get sane again. :-)

DDE profile image59

Devika Primić (DDE) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

Good point, DDE! Thanks--I value your advice, you're super-smart and savvy from everything you've written. I'll take your advice and make sure that I eliminate bickering/nagging from my relationships in the future and encourage others, too. Cheers!

Grey Temples says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

I so agree! I'm a master at interrupting true arguments by saying that 'we need to agree to disagree and move on now' or else I'll end the conversation rather than create an actual argument. Good advice!!

christiananrkist says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

Oooh! Great perspective! I especially love what you said, "bickering, its just nagging... to me a constructive argument is one in which a specific goal is attempted at getting accomplished or important point to be made" Picking battles, too! Thanks!