dashingscorpio profile image 85

Emotionally unavailable men: Is it really a case of (timing) and them having not met “the one”?

George Clooney was known for stating he would never remarry. Apparently he has changed his mind. He was considered the king of “serial monogamy” dating one woman at a time for periods of two years or longer. At age 52 George has recently become engaged to 36 year old British attorney Amal Alamuddin after (less than six months) of dating. Is the label “emotionally unavailable” a (sour grapes) term hurled by those who simply did not make the grade? Clearly there is a difference between a man being unavailable to most women versus all women. Is it possible these men simply chose not to settle?

savvydating profile image85

savvydating says

• dashingscorpio profile image

dashingscorpio 2 years ago

I can actually relate to George because I too swore I'd never remarry again. However I don't believe I dated fluff women or avoided compatible women. I had a 5 and 7 year relationship. However when you meet "the one" you break your own rules! LOL!

60

ASKSADIE says

• dashingscorpio profile image

dashingscorpio 2 years ago

"Not everyone is destined to take this journey two by two." Your statement is both profound and true! Life is personal journey and not a "one size fits all" experience. No one should feel obligated to get married. Know what makes (you) happy.