jlpark profile image 91

Why is one sexuality considered a 'lifestyle', and the opposite isn't?

Is it because people who used this term think it's a choice to be gay, and therefore live a 'gay lifestyle'. I'm trying to find out for an article I'm writing. Is there another reason? If you wish to elaborate on why you choose this term - it would be appreciated. Also if it's a 'choice' thing - why you think that.

Best Answer dashingscorpio says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 2 years ago

Discuss as they would a heterosexual couple/person. Sexual orientation is just one part of a whole person. But I do see why it may be happening when you explain it that way - thanks!

krillco profile image94

William E Krill Jr (krillco) says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 2 years ago

Krillco - I'm grinning it's all good. I do see yr point tho - there is a bit of a lifestyle for some! Just style for the others!

Link10103 profile image79

Link10103 says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 2 years ago

I agree link re last paragraph. I do think it's some of what you mentioned in yr middle one - different, and not necessarily reproductive (to most...)

0

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 2 years ago

Lifestyle implies a choice, to me at least. What to call it - Why not treat it the same? Does orientation need mentioning? Mentioning it for the sake of it isn't necessary. If it's a habit - why did u use it to start with? I'm curious not offended.