dashingscorpio profile image 84

Are you surprised most women profiles on Ashley Madison were fake?

According to a data analysis conducted by Gizmodo, the vast majority of the 5.5 million profiles for women on Ashley Madison were fake! Among those that were real, fewer than 10,000 responded to a message from a would-be cheating partner and (fewer than 1,500 ever checked their inbox). Note: AM had (31 Million accounts belonging to men)! My theory is any decent looking woman that wants to cheat doesn't have to pay hundreds/thousands of dollars to find a guy who will oblige her! It wouldn't be a surprise if some of the women are escorts using the site to leverage customers. Are men gullible?

Aime F profile image83

Aime (Aime F) says

• dashingscorpio profile image

dashingscorpio 16 months ago

"Why on earth would I pay money to do it?" - Exactly!

And yet over 31 million men never gave that a thought!

I agree with you the mindset of having "shared risk" may have been the attraction.

According to statistics most affairs occur at work.

Motherbynature profile image84

Motherbynature says

• dashingscorpio profile image

dashingscorpio 16 months ago

Excellent points! (Women get hit on every day). I believe most cheaters aren't interested in replacing one relationship with another one. They're looking to "compliment" what they already have. Men aren't often known for {filing} for divorce.

Say Yes To Life profile image84

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) says

• dashingscorpio profile image

dashingscorpio 16 months ago

I'm willing to bet there are a large amount of fake and inactive profiles on a lot of dating websites especially when it comes to women's profiles. Maybe eHarmony might be the exception since you're required to answer 400 questions.:)