dashingscorpio profile image 85

Is there truth to this statement: If you love two people it means you're not "in love" with either?

aliasis profile image96

aliasis says

• dashingscorpio profile image

dashingscorpio 14 months ago

I believe when you're "in love" you believe your mate is "the one"!

On the other hand if you just (love someone) it means you care a lot about them but they may not be "the one" in your eyes. You'd be open to explore other possibilities.

ketage profile image86

ketage says

• dashingscorpio profile image

dashingscorpio 14 months ago

ketage, So many people confuse loving someone with being "in love" with someone. Like you I believe what J.W. Bourdillon is saying if someone is "in love" the heart has but one eye. You don't have the desire to go out on dates with anyone else.

Parimalpolymath profile image83

Prabhat Parimal (Parimalpolymath) says

• dashingscorpio profile image

dashingscorpio 14 months ago

Parimalpolymath, You're correct regarding this question being of the romantic nature. It's listed under Gender Relatons- Non-Monogamous & Cheating in Relationships. I believe people who are “in love” don’t cheat while those who love/care may.

Dr Billy Kidd profile image89

Dr Billy Kidd says

• dashingscorpio profile image

dashingscorpio 14 months ago

"..you find yourself thinking about that person, to the {exclusion} of everyone else." - Excellent point!

I believe if one was "in love" with the (first person) they wouldn't have made time to date the second person and develop feelings of love.

Faceless39 profile image92

Faceless39 says