MsLowrie profile image 82

How long should it take to get to know someone you that you are living with?

I have known this man off and on for 36 years (we went to junior and senior high school together), and have been living with him for nearly three years. He knows all of my likes and dislikes, but will more often than not, he will lie, say one thing, do another, deny that he was told, ignore my needs, and do whatever he pleases. Each time, he gets caught, and each time he either says he has no common sense or he is "just learning." Yeah - right! "Just learning" after all these years? Hogwash! The man is a self-centered,manipulative jerk.

nochance profile image89

Chloe Davis Smith (nochance) says

• MsLowrie profile image

Michelle Lowrie (MsLowrie) 5 months ago

Correct. I minored in psychology, so I knew what he was doing the moment that he started.

• MsLowrie profile image

Michelle Lowrie (MsLowrie) 5 months ago

Exactly! That's why every time he says that he is still leaning, I say, "No you're not. You are just choosing to do what you want to do, regardless of whether is is right." That usually straightens him up for a little while.

• MsLowrie profile image

Michelle Lowrie (MsLowrie) 5 months ago

I am way ahead of you.

mchllhwgt profile image78

Michelle (mchllhwgt) says

• MsLowrie profile image

Michelle Lowrie (MsLowrie) 5 months ago

Oh? Is that why you stopped following me? He works nights and I work days. So, we don't see each other much. He is a childhood friend. Besides, just because I said that he's a self-centered, manipulative jerk, doesn't mean that he is hurting me.

• MsLowrie profile image

Michelle Lowrie (MsLowrie) 5 months ago

I minored in psychology, so I knew what he was doing right from the start. Oh, and we are not a couple. We just live under the same roof. Like I said, I've known him off and on for 36 years. We are childhood friends.