It's very hard to find a partner that is worth spending time and effort on. Many women (and men) today are just living for the moment; and, not really planning for the future.
1. Look past the physical. A person is like a gift. If you are more concerned about the wrapping than you are about the contents, then don't be surprised if you end up with a beautifully-wrapped box with absolutely nothing inside.
2. Are you religious? Look around your place of worship for an unattached lady. Essential beliefs such as religion are extremely important for a successful relationship.
3. Do you have a passion for something? Do you adore cooking? Are you a prolific reader? Take a cooking course or join a book club that meets weekly/monthly. This will give you something to talk about with everyone who attends.
4. Volunteer for a cause. Are you "green"? Join an environmentally-friendly group that will expose you to people of like mind.
5. Be honest with the women you meet and eventually date. Regardless of what other men tell you, women love a man who is honest and expresses their emotions. Are you frightened of spiders? I guarantee there's a woman out there who will think that's just the cutest thing; and, will be eternally grateful you are not one of the macho men.