In my opinion, or for me I should say, the most important ingredients of a successful relationship are:
1. Trust. There must be trust, build the foundation on trust, open communication, honesty. Without that trust, I never thought a relationship could grow.
2. Friendship. You have to like someone in order to love them.
3. Communication. Listening to your partner, and hearing what they have to say, just as they should listen to you. A giving circle.
4. Romance. I think this passes so many of us, the simple things of romance, a night out, a love poem, or to just remember to say, I love you, every day.
5. Never go to bed angry. I know this might sound silly, but to try and never let the sun go down on your anger. Have a conflict resolution plan. Think of something that when a disagreement comes up, that will give you both a chance to choose how to end it. Without biting retorts, or sarcastic comments. Never belittle, or say words that you cannot take back.
6. Appreciate the other person. Let them know that you do, show them that you do. Everyone needs praise from time to time, and no one should be taken for granted.
Life is too short!
I read this in a book once about how to get a relationship alive, and would like to share this too.
1. I can be me.
2. You can be you.
3. We can be us.
4. I can grow.
5. You can grow.
6. We can grow together.