Are your friends ignoring you? Top 10 Reasons why your friends may be avoiding you
Why do your friends ignore you?
Many of us make friends quite easily, but find it extremely difficult to maintain the friendship. Have you ever been in a situation where you felt that your friends are drifting away from you? I have felt that way and I know that the fault is mine. My work pressures have been keeping me busy and I have not been giving time to friends.
While some of us may easily make friends and earn the tag of ‘popular’, there are some who find it extremely difficult to make friends or keep them. People seem to stay away from them no matter how much ever they try. Have you been in such a situation and wondered what could be wrong with you? I will try to answer these questions through this hub. Given below are some reasons for people ignoring you.
How to be a good friend? What could be some reasons why people may be avoiding you? Given below are some common reasons why people could be ignoring you.
Reasons why People may avoid you
Have you been in a situation when your best buddy suddenly stopped answering your calls and mails? Have you felt a friend behaving differently than he/she normally behaves? Then that it a definite sign that your friendship may be in trouble and something may have gone wrong. Sometimes it could be just misunderstandings which could have resulted in such a behavior from a friend. In that case, you can change the situation with an open talk with that person. Most of the times, something we did or said could be the reason for the changed behavior of a friend. Sometimes, the friend could be busy or may be going through a rough time. Instead of jumping the gun, try to find the real reason for the behavior. Do not make any judgment before talking to your friend just because she/he may have been avoiding you. If your friend does not want to share their problem with you, just let them know that you would be there for them in case they need you. Try to understand and analyze the situation. You will be adding fuel to the fire if you are insensitive. However, that may not be the case always. People could be avoiding you for other reasons too.
What could be some possible reasons for people avoiding or ignoring you? Given below are the top 10 Reasons for People avoiding you.
- You have no time for Friends: You are never there for your friends in time of their need. This could be because you may be busy with your own problems to handle or you do not want to involve in others problems. A good friend would be available during thick and thin.
- You break Promises: You constantly disappoint your friends by breaking your promises. Whether it is plan of meeting up for a cup of coffee or seeing a movie, you are unreliable or back away giving excuses. Sometimes you ditch your friends at the last minute and keep them waiting without bothering to inform them about it.
- You crib all the time: If you are someone who cribs all the time as if you have all the world’s troubles on your platter, it is only natural that people may run away from you. Your friends may listen to you for some time, but after a while they would get bored and may not want to hear you cribbing.
- You are reluctant with money: Haven’t you met the types who always run to the washroom when it is time for the bill to arrive or who says that forgot their wallet or card? If your friends have to spend for you all the time while you keep your purse strings tied or act miserly, very soon they may start avoiding you.
- You have a superiority complex: You make your friends feel inferior by showering them with gifts, spending money on them heavily or bragging about your achievements while your friends find it difficult to keep up with you and develop an inferiority complex.
- You ignore friends often: Have you been in a situation where you meet someone while you were with your friend, and ignored your friend while you got busy catching up with that person. Or you went to meet your friend along with your boyfriend or girlfriend and gave your friend a royal ignore? If you are someone who makes your friend insignificant and uncomfortable, they might not want to stay your friend.
- You get your own way: Be it choosing a Holiday Destination, a Restaurant to dine or a dish to eat, you always pick things of your choice without considering the likes of your friends.
- You can’t keep Secrets: You have a big mouth. Your friend trusted you with a secret telling, ‘this should be between us’, and you betrayed the trust by revealing it. Think of how vulnerable, uncomfortable and embarrassing a person could feel if someone else asks them about the secret they revealed to you. If you are such a person who cannot be trusted, your friends may stay away from you.
- They are ashamed of you: If you are someone who lack Manners and Etiquette or someone whom they are ashamed to be seen with, people may avoid you.
- You are a fault finder: Nothing your friends do can please you. You always find faults in your friends and criticize them. If you are someone who is judgmental always, it is only expected that your friends may not like your company and may avoid you.
All the above reasons can be destructive to friendship. If you do not have an extensive friend list, probably you could be guilty of some of the above listed reasons. If that is so, it’s time you change your behavior.
Have I left out anything? Feel free you share through comments.
More by this Author
If you are head over heels in love with a girl, you would want to know if she likes you or not. If you are wondering how to find out if she likes you, given are 16 signs to tell if she is interested.
Friendship is an integral part of human existence. If you are wondering why you don't have any good friends, you should probably look at yourself. Given are 12 Characteristics or Qualities of a Good Friend.
Every man wants good wife, but many women do not know what qualities or virtues she should have to be the ideal and perfect ones. Here are 12 of them.