jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Fixing low libido in young women??

1. jennzie profile image85
    jennzieposted 4 years ago

I am only 23, but my sex drive has already dramatically decreased. It started right after I began taking an antidepressant (I know that one of the side effects of these drugs is low libido), but now I just don't know how to solve it! It is obviously really affecting my relationship with my boyfriend, and in fact we just had an argument about it. I love my boyfriend, and I certainly don't want to lose him over this.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

1. peeples profile image90
      peeplesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A different antidepressant maybe? Glass of wine, Zinc vitamins, oysters,don't smoke if you do, Excercise and keep your weight stable, gingko biloba (natural and sends blood to sexual organs), and finally make sure that you're feeling good about you and aren't still suffering from depression which leads to a low sex drive even if not on medication.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

"In fact, antidepressants are one of the most common medication related causes of loss of sexual interest and low libido." What I would wonder is why do I need the antidepressant?

3. jennzie profile image85
    jennzieposted 4 years ago

Yes, I am still depressed (I have struggled with depression for almost my entire life), but at first I did have a normal sex drive- the low libido only came around when I started taking antidepressants. Thanks, Peeples,  I'll take your advice and see how it goes.

1. peeples profile image90
      peeplesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well if all else fails you can always try treating your depression with natural remedies(while still talking with a doctor). There are many things out there that work quite well. I have been unmedicated for 11 years with minimal issues throughout the years. I did want to add though (and I'm sure I'm overstepping a little here) that you need to be very open with your boyfriend about how you feel and what is going on with you both mentally and physically. Someone who truly loves you will stick it out to see if there is a solution. Good luck!

working