jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Do you believe in true love? How to recognize your true love?

1. crystaleyes profile image83
    crystaleyesposted 4 years ago

I believe in true love.. Do you? I have met my match 12 years back and am married to him. Have you recognized your true love?

1. StandingJaguar profile image95
      StandingJaguarposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I do believe in true love but never advise people to "find Mr. Right." While I do think it is possible to instantly recognize another person as a good match, I don't think it's a necessary prerequisite. I myself felt instantly drawn to my fiance, but we are also both committed to building our bond, rather than expecting it. Our relationship isn't always perfect, but we didn't give up on it saying "oh it's not working automatically."

My view is that you can BUILD true love, rather than just finding it. I think our culture has largely forgotten this. People go from one partner to another when something goes wrong or find that something is missing. They give up and try a new one, rather than fixing or building what they have. Love is something you must evolve and unfold, not just "find".  (I also think this is not altogether different from what people do with their jobs!)

These are just general thoughts, there are always specific exceptions.

2. Sheaby profile image61
      Sheabyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I do now.  I have been through some horrible relationships in my past, and at one point eventually settled for something that wasn't right.  After going through a divorce, I spent my time focusing on me and I met my now boyfriend.  Everything I went through before him was totally worth it, he still makes me smile every day, we have great communication, we love spending time with one another, we constantly challenge one another to better ourselves, and I fell madly in love with him.  I think I instantly knew it, but I didn't rush it and let nature just take its course.  He's the most amazing thing in my life, and I've been very fortunate to have found him.  We have built a wonderful life, and I look forward to continuing being beside forever.

crystaleyesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Great! All the best for your future.. Hope you have a successful relationship together.. just be patient and follow your heart and mind..  Communication is a very good tool towards a lifelong relationship.. Don't keep anything on your mind.. discuss it out with your partner..

2. NornsMercy profile image83
    NornsMercyposted 4 years ago

I do now, thank goodness. When I was younger, I would daydream every waking second about my true love and things I would do with my soul mate. I learned that sometimes you have to go through a lot of mistakes in order to learn more about yourself, other people, and how to name the feelings we have inside that are hard to explain.

My faith in love was completely gone when I met my husband. I was just looking for a drinking buddy, somebody to pass the boring days with whenever I felt like it, then ended up falling in love with him. Real love. big_smile

I never thought it would happen but it did and I don't know how I ever lived without it!

3. demonfort007 profile image81
    demonfort007posted 4 years ago

I do believe in true love....but haven't ever experienced it.

crystaleyesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

All the best for your future.. hope you experience it soon :-)

1. demonfort007 profile image81
        demonfort007posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ahhh...thanks...that is sweet but for me I really just don't believe anymore. For others no doubt!