jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Who are you going to spend Christmas with this year?

1. Escobana profile image88
    Escobanaposted 4 years ago

Back in the days when I was single, October would be the month to get a little worried. Most of my friends were settled and Christmas was merely a logistic matter of who'd they spend Christmas with.

Family in laws, family dinners, children's holidays and so on.

I'd spend more time online, browse through recent dating profiles, visit a little more speed date events and waited for something magical to happen.

Any idea what your plans will be? Does it matter if you're single and 'alone' with Christmas?

Or would you rather be single by that time? Just because he/she is the last person you'd want to spend Christmas with.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I will be alone at Christmas again. I really don't mind it. I get to eat what I want and watch Doctor Who smile

Escobanaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Now that's the spirit! If you're alone you gotta make the best of it. I remember a time when I organised a singles Christmas dinner at my house. I had more single friends at the time.

Of course there were some couples too but it was a great way to celebrate and be surrounded by a family of singles!

2. peeples profile image88
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

Considering I have no parents or family outside of the family I have made for myself, I have become thankful for every holiday that comes. I can now feel good to know that I can spend it with my husband and children. Nothing sucked more than being the person who had no family to see when everyone else was bragging about theirs. Then again back then I was young and stupid and thoughts change as we mature. I still wouldn't want to go a holiday without my children.

Escobanaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I recognize the fact that we mature as time goes by.

The one person I would like to spend Christmas with is my fiancee. To be around my own family is not something I always look forward to, just because the bond has never been very close.

In my single days I liked to go on a trip to cities like Paris or Londen and enjoy the lights and the magic of Christmas, perfectly comfortable on my own.

I had to learn this over the years, knowing I would be fine as a single woman.