jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

You got him/her and now you realize you really don't want them anymore

1. soconfident profile image79
    soconfidentposted 4 years ago

Have you ever been a situation where you got the person you had your eye on then you realize that you don't want them anymore. Maybe it's because their personality that turned you off or maybe its that you only wanted them because that best option you have to choose from.

1. efeyas profile image91
      efeyasposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It seems as though it was all about the excitement of the chase for you. Now that the chase is over and you got the person you wanted, it's boring. Either way, you need to be honest with this person and let them go. They deserve better than being lead on.

soconfidentposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think that what it was, because once we started hanging it was like an akward silence between us. It was like we was trying to talk to each other, but it was like we was speaking different languages.

2. Globetrekkermel profile image72
    Globetrekkermelposted 3 years ago

LOL but what is the question? so you got the girl or the boy and you ditch him/ her.I don't know how to answer this question, what is the question?

soconfidentposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I got them and now I don't want them anymore, how do I handle the situation we just got together

3. 0
    Emily Sparksposted 3 years ago

Yes, I was in a situation like that.  There was a guy I liked.  We started dating, but awhile later I found out he liked to put on a show and who I had fallen for was not actually him..........

4. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 3 years ago

I'm usually the victim of the other way around. Where I was madly in love with someone who no longer wanted me. As if I was that great pair of shoes in the store window that he always wanted, but once he had them for a while, he found out that he didn't really like them, and was ready to trade them for something, or someone better. Tossed aside like garbage.

I have also been in relationships where the other person just stopped coming around or calling. That kind of relationship is easier to get over, as eventually you will meet someone else, and forget about that other person eventually. Only to settle for a quick hello if you happen to see them out and about. I have been there many times, with a lot of my ex's.

But, what really hurts, is that long term relationship that isn't seeing it's best days. I have been with a partner for over 20 years, yet we no longer live together. (Going on 1 year) The break between us is merely financial, but the longer the break is, the less important it seems to not think about being off on your own, or partnering with someone new. I hardly see him as it is. I actually think of him as my husband, and maybe future ex-husband.

Sometimes falling out of love seems to be easier than falling into it.

5. lovendar profile image60
    lovendarposted 3 years ago

I think these situations are normal, nothing abnormal. If sometimes you feel that you don't want him/her no more. Its a situation when most of us face it because of some reasons or moods. But if we have patience and calm then there will be no harm to your relationships. You realize sometimes that you are in wrong place (relation) and you need not having that. So, handle your relations with care.

6. mariasial profile image72
    mariasialposted 3 years ago

I think you have confused yourself ; you are not sure what you want to do? ; may be if you left him later on  you realize that NO i actually missing him. Therefore my suggestion is to take a expert advise ; Talk to a marriage counselor

Googd Luck
    http://mariasial.hubpages.com/hub/Do-yo … -Counselor