jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Couples split over bad gifts, poll finds

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

Couples split over bad gifts, poll finds
    Well, thoughtless or not, a significant number of couples actually split over bad gift giving, according to a new poll.

The survey finds that one in six couples have had a full-blown fight over a bad gift, and what's more, one in 20 couples have actually broken up for the same reason.
    http://living.msn.com/love-relationship … a0dd4c0045
    A vacuum cleaner is definitely a bad gift for a woman as is a man bag for a guy. The worst gift I received was a gift certificate. Breaking up over a bad gift is a little extreme?  Read the list and see if you agree with the article

1. Abby Attwood profile image61
      Abby Attwoodposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This is just plain silly! If you're going to get angry at your significant other over their present choices, you need to write them a list of presents you would accept in great detail. In the end, you have to take the blame for not letting them know what you want or for choosing a cheapskate!

2. TamCor profile image82
    TamCorposted 3 years ago

If a couple will break up, or even just have a bad fight, over a gift, well...then they must not have a loving relationship to begin with.

If my husband gave me a sweeper, or an iron, or a washing machine as  a gift, I would take it and know that he gave it to try to make my everyday life a little easier in some way.  The same way that he would feel if I gave him a tool of some sort...

But then, we love each other tremendously and have for 24 years... smile

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

I think it is important to find out how long couples have been together to determine whether a gift is appropriate or appreciated.
    A new couple most likely will expect to give and receive something Romantic and an established couple may not.
    Its really up to them and breaking up over a gift sounds a bit silly. big_smile