jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Women already knew This....

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

In most couples, women are the decision-makers.
    By Kristin Wong

James Brown told us that it's a man's world, but this study might beg to differ. According to the Pew Research Center, it's women who have the final say on many household decisions.

The organization interviewed over 1,000 adults who were married or living with a partner and asked them who was in charge of making the decisions in four areas of domestic life. For a whopping 43 percent of couples, women are calling the shots.
    http://living.msn.com/love-relationship … a4996ae865
    So women make most of the decisions; they just let men think they do. wink

1. tammybarnette profile image62
      tammybarnetteposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Great article! This works the same in my house too...I make the weekend plans, I work the remote, and I do the family finances. I am not the "boss", We make many decisions together, honestly, I am just better with money and more organized, as far as tv, we don't watch much but news anyway(and cartoons with our 4 yr old)

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Women in the past used their  power covertly.   To paraphrase the Aretha Franklin song, there was a time where they used to say behind every man was a great woman; however, times have changed and women has gotten out of the kitchen and there is one thing to say -SISTERS ARE DOING IT FOR THEMSELVES, STANDING ON THEIR OWN TWO FEET, RINGING THEIR OWN BELLS.     In other words, women made the decisions and let men take the credit; however, women are now discarding atavistic feminine roles about always being on the bottom so to speak.   They are taking more dominant roles and are completely unapologetic about it!

2. ahorseback profile image55
    ahorsebackposted 3 years ago

I agree , If my wife wants to run the domestic duties , so be it !  Its a womans world  this domestic play !

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Household duties....money making decisions as well are included.

3. lovendar profile image61
    lovendarposted 3 years ago

Great article indeed, i really enjoyed and read it whole. There are all points described well and define greatly. Off course, in this women world its woman who finally decide what action should be taken in household matters. In my opinion its a great way to offer some sort of respect to them.

4. ahorseback profile image55
    ahorsebackposted 3 years ago

But then I'm thinking maybe I'm passive agressive and make her feel like .......She's the deciscion maker!  ........And I'm really the Big Kahoona around here  !