jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Unexpected Conflicts with Friends & Family

1. TheLady111 profile image43
    TheLady111posted 3 years ago

Lately I've witnessed several of my friends have confrontations with their friends and family, these confrontations have resulted in the relationships either forever changed...or forever severed. I've seen it so much, it makes me think that some planetary or dimensional shift is resulting in this separation of polarities at this time. I myself have even been involved in one of these conflicts, which is totally out of character for me or my life. I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences, and Im interested in hearing others theories on what might be the cause of these happenings. Please comment. thanks

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The social dynamic is so intricate and tricky.    You may think you are doing the right thing however the other person clearly does not.    Humankind is indeed complex and there is no simple answer.   Each person is different regarding his/her consciousness and outlook.

2. 0
      advicewithspiceposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It depends upon the situations, and the factors surrounding the incidents.  I would love to comment more, but really don't have enough enough to give a more worthy answer.

2. writinglover profile image83
    writingloverposted 3 years ago

I have. On my thirteenth birthday, I received a phone call from my mom (I lived with my dad and stepmom) who lived in Texas. She wanted me to go and visit her and I said no. In my thirteen years of existence I had finally made friends. I had no friends in Texas and I was bullied a lot of the time. It was nothing but a bad place of memories that I didn't want to relive. Well, she flipped out on me and accused me of not loving her and...here's the fatal blow...that I was dead to her. I ended up hanging up on her. It has been ten years since I've talked to her. One theory is that she was hurt by my not visiting her, but I'm more inclined to believe that she wouldn't be able to turn me against my dad. I get into further detail in one of my hubs about abuse and neglect...but the above reason is my theory (I'm not looking for pity, mind you, but there have been some troublemakers).

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I know you're not looking for pity, but I still have to say how very sorry I am that you had to endure that at any age, let alone 13. I pray someday you will have some resolution over that broken relationship.

3. writinglover profile image83
    writingloverposted 3 years ago

Thank you. As I told another hubber, I think I needed some kind of closure in order to get past it. Just about a few weeks to a month ago, I got it. I finally said that in order to get past that situation, I needed to forgive my mom because she was misguided. A burden seemed to have lifted off my chest. While it still hurts to think about it, it's a whole lot easier to deal with now that I have forgiven her (maybe not face to face due to not knowing where she is now).

1. Silva Hayes profile image95
      Silva Hayesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I too have to say that I am so sorry you were hurt that way and at such a young age.  Your mom was misguided for sure.

2. ARUN KANTI profile image58
      ARUN KANTIposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The main problem is ego. So long one’s ego does not satisfy  one is not prepared to settle any such issue.The best recourse should be to make peace with somebody allowing him or her to unlearn such identity.

1. writinglover profile image83
        writingloverposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hello! I agree with your theory of ego. While I think a part of my mom was misguided, I also believe that her ego also played a role too. As I had stated previously, I think that losing her ability of being able to manipulate me caused her to lash out at me. Misguidance and ego don't mix well...at all. I also agree that the best recourse is making peace with that person. Unfortunately, I've lost all contact with my mom and I have no idea where she is. I do know that just being able to forgive her even when she is not present is a giant step forward. smile

1. 0
          Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this