jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)

Where did you meet your latest date?

1. datemenowapp profile image59
    datemenowappposted 3 years ago

I was just wondering where people meet each other nowadays: via mobile dating apps, online, at a bar, with the help of a friend? Where did you meet the person you are dating at the moment?

1. scaryclaire profile image60
      scaryclaireposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This is something that I keep asking friends and colleagues.  I have tried bars, joining the gym (that didn't last long for lazy reason) and online dating and nothing seems to be working for me.

1. 60
        whoisitposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You could always go by Reallysweetclaire.

Just saying..

1. scaryclaire profile image60
          scaryclaireposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Point taken . . . I don't help myself haha.  Ah well.

2. Stina Caxe profile image88
      Stina Caxeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Online actually.  I wasn't looking for love, I thought he was somebody else at first that I already knew.  But we became fast friends and now many years later he is the love of my life.

1. Hui (蕙) profile image58
        Hui (蕙)posted 3 years ago in reply to this

3. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Grocery store. Always. A gold mine. Best place always. Just saying. Always speak to strangers; they become friends.

2. 60
    hubclairepageposted 3 years ago

oh.. I've got none for a long time now smile but just to answer a bit of your question from what I can see people get to meet via 'the new era' way online chat, mobile phone and I just miss the old days. smile

1. datemenowapp profile image59
      datemenowappposted 3 years ago in reply to this

why do you miss the old days? Now everything is so much easier smile

3. taburkett profile image60
    taburkettposted 3 years ago

at my 15th birthday party.
    that was 50 years ago and we still have the same fun we had then.

4. andralynnRN profile image60
    andralynnRNposted 3 years ago

At church. Our first date was 17 years ago this month. We have been happily married for 15 years, and have two wonderful children.

5. annajazz profile image89
    annajazzposted 3 years ago

I actually met my boyfriend at Pep Boys(a mechanic garage/store). Not the most likely place to find somebody, but hey, it worked for me. He went from fixing by breaks, to owning my heart. smile

6. Samith Jhon profile image80
    Samith Jhonposted 3 years ago

Graduate school. In particular, in my adviser's office. It ended up that she joined his group and married me.

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
    Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago

A market I used to go to in the 70's called Shop Easy.

8. 60
    pedromoralezposted 3 years ago

I've been in love with her since the first day we met, but she didn't care about me. So I waited for 4.5 years (not literally of course, dating smb else but keeping her in mind all that time) and only  after that she has suddenly started paying attention back. That was the moment of glory when our mutual love was born.

9. 0
    teennannaposted 3 years ago

Personally, I've always met previous boyfriends at football games, parties, bookstores etc. but the latest one I met was through a dating website and we are definitely the most serious out of everyone I've been with.

1. janesix profile image74
      janesixposted 3 years ago

In my living room. He was dating my sister when I met him.

2. Mayur Vyas profile image60
      Mayur Vyasposted 3 years ago

I found my date on free dating sites - www.jumpdates.com/alabama/atmore-single-women.htm. Dating sites and mobile dating app are getting popular everywhere. One must try them before quitting.