What makes you feel loved?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (26 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Beth37posted 11 years ago

With Valentines Day coming up, I wonder... is there something special someone did for you in the past?
    Was there a gift or an action... a term of endearment?
    What speaks loud and clear to you, "I love you?"

This song is a perfect love song imho. What girl wouldn't want to hear these words whispered in her ear?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoRkntoHkIE

1. MissJamieD profile image56
      MissJamieDposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My amazing boyfriend bought me roses when I should've been apologizing to him for being crabby.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Aw, you're so lucky. How sweet. smile

2. Stina Caxe profile image82
    Stina Caxeposted 11 years ago

I've always liked the boys who would write me songs or poems. 

I love jewelry but creativity is sweet and deep.  I have to say though, the BEST gift I EVER got for Valentines day was a nap.  Now that I have two kids, I am hoping this year I get an even longer nap!

1. profile image0

haha... that's true... there's little else that touches our hearts and souls as deeply as that of a good sound sleep. lol

2. MissJamieD profile image56
      MissJamieDposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree that it's nice if a boy can write, but not all good men can..lol..so I accept whatever love my boyfriend will give me and sometimes it's flowers, it's also been a 52" TV, jewelry, eating at my favorite place, clothes, and he's always loving and adorable so I have the best of both worlds. Is he perfect? Of course not but he's the best thing that's ever happened to me. I wish for everyone to have the same love at least once in their lives, it changes you, it gives you hope.

And hey, I have three kids and naps are amazing!! You've got a good man too:) Have a great day!

3. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

Right now, what makes me feel loved is when my grandson sees me he runs up and hugs me.  When he stays with me, he want's to snuggle up and hold onto my arm.  He says "I wuv you, Nonny". 

And that makes  me feel loved.

1. profile image0

aw smile

4. Zelkiiro profile image88
    Zelkiiroposted 11 years ago

I've always been single, so I couldn't tell ya.

1. profile image0

what about a parent? did they ever do anything to make you feel loved?

1. Zelkiiro profile image88
        Zelkiiroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's even harder to elaborate on, especially when you grow up in a relatively stable and loving family. Do I mention big things like Christmas gifts or supporting you financially, or do I mention menial things like cooking meals and helping with taxes?

1. profile image0

sounds like you have good parents. smile

5. Astra Nomik profile image63
    Astra Nomikposted 11 years ago

What makes me feel loved ... is the person who loves me, and the love I find in the words, thoughts, emails, messages and sentiments and other crazy beautiful things that are lovingly expressed... out of love for me. Knowing I am loved... the feeling of my life shared with another... the kisses, hugs... the feeling of belonging to another person, of being part of a beautiful person's life.

Saint Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate romance and love. But I try not to fall in the trap of making that one day more special, since every day is a Valentine's Day to me. Love and being loved by someone is an act of endearment in itself. Knowing love, having love in my life. It fills my cup and it overflows...

Sometimes it can be the smallest things and the simplest things that speak loud and clear to me. I unclutter myself of excess baggage, of high or unfair expectations... and I just focus on my true love. My every essence, my existence begins and ends with her.

Sharing a life with the ones I love so much...and the one sweet lady in particular. Just having a life with her is enough.

And the song is nice. smile

1. profile image0

Aw, Im glad you like it.

6. dmvjane profile image58
    dmvjaneposted 11 years ago

His presence. I really need to feel him whenever he is around. My schedule is hectic and his time is consumed by his career. So, whenever we're together, I really need to feel that he is around. Otherwise, he better go back to his job.

1. profile image0

I love that. Im the same way.

7. weedprices profile image59
    weedpricesposted 11 years ago

MY dog!

8. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 11 years ago

An act of love .  How about doing something  really nice for her [or him ]without prompt , no holiday ,no obligations , no promises or  pre planning .  Just decide next sunday to let her sleep in , or do the chores for a day for  her . Have a perfect day Beth !

1. profile image0

Aren't you lovely? smile

9. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 11 years ago

Beth I want you to sleep in tomorrow morning  ! Okay sweety , heres your blankey !...hehe

1. profile image0

I actually got to today... that never happens. You must have known.

10. MissJamieD profile image56
    MissJamieDposted 11 years ago

My boyfriend helped me clean the entire house yesterday. I did have to ask, but he didn't complain once. I didn't have to remind him or tell him how it needed to be done, he just plowed through and got 'er done:)

It's nice to have a lover that will do those things for us once in awhile isn't it? Or like some of you are saying, to just let us sleep in, or give us a day off from doing chores without saying anything or complaining? Those things are priceless. Sounds like I'm not the only lucky one:)

11. Samith Jhon profile image58
    Samith Jhonposted 11 years ago

Being cared about, the girl showing passion, respect, hugs, kisses, waving, smiling, touching, holding hands, flirting, just knowing that she loves me and is always there for me smile

12. Paolocruz profile image59
    Paolocruzposted 11 years ago

The presence of someone who love me is enough for me to feel loved. Especially during down moments wherein I badly need someone to listen to me, talk to me, and help me come up with better solutions to unload the weight in my shoulder.

13. profile image57
    PennyJay84posted 11 years ago

That they love you no matter what and that you can be yourself with them, that they know your deepest darkest fears and insecurities and they are still there after another emotional outburst or sad memory. That they can make you laugh and no matter how bad a situation appears they always know the right words to say and a hug or two along the way helps!

14. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

What makes me feel loved:

When my horse nickers as I walk towards him.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)