jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Are there any truly happy relationships?

1. moneyfairy profile image63
    moneyfairyposted 3 years ago

In this past week I have listened to 3 different scenarios of unhappy unfulfilled relationships and it just makes me sooo very happy to be single and free of all that drama.
    Do you know of any truly happy relationships? Look forward to hearing from you!

2. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 3 years ago

I haven't been on the forums for awhile, but I checked in and saw this... smile

I've talked about my marriage ad nauseum on the forums, so I won't go into all of the details, lol.

I'll just say that we've been married 24 years, after getting married 2 months after we met.  I've written a hub or two about it, and so has my husband, hubber Tom Cornett.

They say a good marriage is hard work.  It really isn't...at least it hasn't been for us--it's been wonderful, and gets better as we get older.  smile

1. mayza profile image61
      mayzaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm listening to you, Tam smile

2. moneyfairy profile image63
      moneyfairyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Tam,I am glad you don't have to put alot of effort into it and that it just flows easily and effortlessly. Good for you!!! That is very rare but hope you continue on this way for the rest of your lives. Yeah you!!!

3. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago

I've not been married as long as Tam, but my marriage is very happy.  We've been through a LOT of ups and downs, but we haven't been separated since the day we met unless one or the other of us is in the hospital - and usually, we stay with the other there if we have the option.  My marriage is not perfect, because neither my husband nor I happen to be - but we're very happy.  smile

1. moneyfairy profile image63
      moneyfairyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That is really wonderful Motown!!! hope it continues for your lifetime!!!