jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Do you believe in "the ONE" true love?

1. debbiepinkston profile image86
    debbiepinkstonposted 3 years ago

Many people believe that there is ONE person out there just for them and when they find that person, life and love will be perfect.  Do you believe in this notion?

1. dashingscorpio profile image85
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No! I do not believe there is (only) one person who will "get you", understand you, love you, desire you, share your same values, and (naturally agree) with you on the important things in life. After all there are 7 Billion people on the planet!

The reason why people have a difficult time finding "the one" is because it is human nature to (EXCLUDE) rather than (INCLUDE) when it comes to finding love and selecting a mate. For instance if I say "the one" must be of my (same) race. That would eliminate 6 Billion people sight unseen! The same thing can be said of for religious beliefs. If I say the one must reside in my country, state, or town. The U.S. for example has about 340 Million people I would be eliminating approximately 6.7 Billion people who do not live in America! My options decrease if I insist they live in my own town by eliminating another 339.9 million more people! This all before we get to things like height, weight, personality, education, and hobbies/interest. Last but not least we say: "Our friends and family must like (the one) and vice versa." Is it any wonder people have such a difficult time finding love?

You determine how likely you are to find love by how many ways you (exclude) or limit your options. I suspect there are millions of "the one" who have all the "important traits" any of us values most in relationships. One man's opinion! :-)

2. debbiepinkston profile image86
    debbiepinkstonposted 3 years ago

Point well made! Thanks for your reply!

3. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

I think when we are young, the ONE is a goal to find so we will live happily ever after. After time, the one may become the many...at least on a trial basis.
    I agree that excluding many is a trait of the young, but as time goes by, we start to realize that the ONE has to include many features we didn't think were important before.
    or our priorities change, which is human nature, I suppose. No it isn't settling or lowering the bar, but being more realistic.

4. 0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

I kind of do... but at the same time, I think love is something that is practiced more than just an emotion one falls into.