jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Insecurity.Personality deeply affected by criticism of boyfriend.

1. benashiraz profile image78
    benashirazposted 3 years ago

What do you when your personality is very deeply affected, because your ex-boyfriend used to tell you that you're not so good looking, and you're short and immature and that he could get almost anybody but sticked out for you. When you feel low and extremely insecure and frustrated, what do you do to forget the things that echo in your head.

1. Express10 profile image87
      Express10posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I would do things and be with those that boost my self esteem simply by being in their presence. That person was not a real friend or love and his opinions should not be taken to heart. Think of all your abilities and accomplishments, hopes and dreams. When you compare these things to those of your ex you will likely see that it was him that didn't measure up to you. Move forward and busy yourself to forget him.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I would say... give that dude a swift kick right in the nads for talking to you like that. But then, that's just me.

2. ahorseback profile image53
    ahorsebackposted 3 years ago

He was ttrying to minimalize your sense of self esteme ,  You are beautiful and don't forget it ! He isn't worthy of the beauty you behold ! Dump him fast ! Before he controls you and destroys you !