For starters this forum has NOTHING to do with me, as I merely opened it up because I noticed nobody else even bothered to create a topic here. Therefore, lets just say hypothetically here, you only had 10 bucks to work with, so what would you do to take your lover out on a date with it?
You could have a picnic in the park, attend a free outdoor concert, hang out at the beach, go watch fireworks, or do a number of other creative things. In fairly large city there are lots of "free" events that take place during the Spring and Summer months. Ultimately if you really enjoy the person's company it doesn't matter what you do as long as you are together (in the beginning). After awhile it could get old. :-)
You could go to the park and play Frisbee or feed the ducks (take some stale bread you already have in your pantry), then get an ice cream cone (order a small).
When my husband and I were in college there was such thing as the "dollar movie." They palyed second-run movies that had been out for a few months. If you took your dollar movie stub to the Mexican place across the street, you could get a $2 Margarita with free chips and hot sauce. We could see a movie, have two drinks each plus chips and salsa for $10 total. Those days are gone, I'm afraid.
Excuse me, but it is not good to feed bread to ducks or wild birds. While they will greedily consume it, it causes them digestive problems, like life threatening bacterial infections among other drawbacks.
Window shopping can be fun, discovering each other's tastes. Look at travel agents to see which destinations appeal. Stop for a coffee or juice and talk about films you'd like to see, or ones you've seen and would like to share. Communicating is the important part of a date.
I don't think this attitude is so unique to Treorci, surely!
All the women I know would not demean themselves to let a man pay for everything on a day out. They would contribute equally, or even the larger part if they knew they had a better salary than the man.
This has been the situation I have known for the last 40 years or so...
- a walk along the beach timed perfectly for a sunset or sunrise. Don't forget a warm blanket and a basket with snacks (or a backpack filled with some goodies)
- a matinee movie - they're usually on a couple of bucks, and if you go to a theater that shows the older "new" releases, they're even cheaper. You might even have a bit left over for a bag of popcorn
- a hike through the mountains which ends at the peak with a view. Maybe overlooking a lake or a valley. Again, bring a bag of snacks and bottles of water
- grab your kayak or canoe and head out to the river, ocean or lake. Paddle around, head back to the coffee shop and have a tea together
- go to the grocery store, buy a tub of Breyer's rocky road ice cream, and go for a drive in the country. If you have a sports car with a convertible roof, take the top down and zoom around. Let her drive -- if you dare.
- go to a lake. Go for a swim. Have a packed lunch or a cheap bar-b-que over the pit (sausages/hot dogs, marshmallows, Jiffy pop -- all in good fun)
Sure, maybe some of these aren't that romantic, but they can be with a few personal touches with the details. Anything is possible - use your imagination.