jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What women want

1. ahostagesituation profile image78
    ahostagesituationposted 3 years ago

She wants you to fight for her.   That's my conclusion this year.  After discussing this with lots of women and finding out what when wrong or right in their relationships, I think women just want the guy to fight for her.  Whatever the hell, (am I allowed to say hell on this forum? I have no idea),  has kept you apart--ego, poor communication, distance, mismatched goals--she just wants to matter enough to him to see that he's not going to let those things break his resolve to be with her.  I'm with a guy now that my best friend describes as, "the one who got the memo," and says that because he has consistently stood up to challenges he has had to face in trying to date me.   It shows how much he cares about and values me.  I feel so secure with him, which is a miracle for me, and I cautiously hope that doesn't change.  So, yeah, flowers, gluten-free candy, that's nice.  But, if I were in that crowd of romantic guys--an endangered species--I think that my m.o. would be to fight for her.  Thoughts?

2. SubRon7 profile image59
    SubRon7posted 3 years ago

I know tis isn't what you are looking for, but I hope this new guy works for you, Ahostagesituation, because I think you are one cool chick.

1. ahostagesituation profile image78
      ahostagesituationposted 3 years ago in reply to this

that's awesome, James, thanks.  I have no idea what will happen, I take everything one day at a time, but he's pretty great.  Thank you!

3. 0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

I wrote a hub called The way to a Womans Heart... or something similar to that. Its gotten more traffic than any of all my other hubs. Seemed like a good place to say that. lol

4. ahostagesituation profile image78
    ahostagesituationposted 3 years ago

I just read your hub. And yes you were definitely the epitome of green. ;-).   Dating is tough, and even tougher if you're the "relationship" type, and want one of those relationships to end in a good marriage.   Few decisions have this much gravity, and it's easily been the most exhilarating, thought-provoking and frustrating journey of my life.  I'm still on it.  I like your style, and wish you best in writing and personally.  That intuition will always serve you well!

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this