jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

I am looking for a mate in life

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Simple as that.

1. HollieT profile image87
      HollieTposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ah, PDS, it's over rated mate, and the heady first few months/years are often replaced by a toxic loathing for one another.

Not that I'm an old cynic, of course smile

But if this is what you want, I hope you find it- In fact, at least as we mature we know what we want from relationships/partners and are less likely to make the mistakes of old.

She'll be a lucky woman! smile

2. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I need some details and I bet I can find you one!

wink

3. prettydarkhorse profile image60
      prettydarkhorseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

A friend like what  Aussies or Brits say or a lovey doodey?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 3 years ago in reply to this

i was thinking that myself....hey mate (PDS)...i'm here for ya!  as for the lovey doodey stuff...i can't help ya!

4. Kevin Peter profile image73
      Kevin Peterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I hope that you find the best mate. I don't know what your concepts are about a mate. But I am sure you are looking forward to it seriously and you will too be a good partner. Best wishes!

5. DexisView profile image78
      DexisViewposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I wish you well with your search.  It is a wonderful feeling when you find your "mate" in life.  Be open minded and don't search for perfection.  Sometimes what appears to be perfect isn't ....and what isn't....is.  Hopefully, you find that person that you makes you smile just thinking about them and that you look forward to going home to everynight.  When you find that person...don't hold back your feelings.  Be as careful with their heart as if it were your own.  Best of luck wink

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Lovely. smile

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

Toxic loathing - I love that phrase (not what it means; the eloquence of it).

Yes - she will be a lucky lady.

1. HollieT profile image87
      HollieTposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Whenever I think about my first husband toxic and loathing spring to mind. I cannot, however much I might try, associate the word eloquence with him, or our relationship. lol

3. profile image0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

Mayhaps she is right under your nose PS? Maybe you have known her for years or someone you had written off?

4. paradigmsearch profile image90

One heck of a thread. I shall now check my email.

5. paradigmsearch profile image90

Alas, no emails.

As I just stated in another thread... "What I need is a soul mate and partner in life. I am reasonably certain that soul mate and partner in life is right here on HubPages."

I even have some suspects in mind...

An email is not a commitment. It is merely an inquiry to see if potential exists. It will be a long road from email to actual physical contact. Or not.

If we have not previously interacted in the forums several times, then this post is not for you.

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If only you'd caught me six years ago...

working