Would you be upset if your partner went to a strip club?

1. Zaiden Jace profile image77
    Zaiden Jaceposted 3 years ago

If so, would your feelings change if you were invited. I've found that many people have mixed feelings about it. I had a friend that threaten to break up with her boyfriend if he went to a strip club. Her boyfriend threatened to leave her if she became a stripper. Both happened and they are no longer together. Would you let something like this wreck your relationship?

1. dashingscorpio profile image86
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This sounds like a very extreme position. The majority of women have no desire to be strippers and most men who have been to a strip club have done so to attend bachelor parties or as an occasional lark while being single. The same holds true for women who have been to male strip clubs.

Having said that if I were involved with someone who made going to strip clubs their (regular) social outing I would say they are probably not "the one" for me. It's not about "right" or "wrong". It's about "agree" and "disagree". Ultimately we are all looking for someone who (naturally agrees) with us on the important things in life. Personally speaking I don't date cigarette smokers either! However I would not tell someone they had to quit smoking. I'd simply find someone who is (already) the kind of person I want to be with. Everyone is entitled to have their own "list" of traits they want in a mate and everyone is also entitled to live their life on their terms!
      Thankfully we live on a planet with over 7 billion people. No one has to settle for anyone who is not on the same page as them!

2. Alecia Murphy profile image89
    Alecia Murphyposted 3 years ago

I feel like this is an issue of trust but also values. If you are the type of person who doesn't condone men going to strip clubs regardless or not if they're in a relationship, dating someone who likes to go to them isn't a good idea. However, if you both agree that it's okay you should set boundaries to what can happen- like if it's okay if he gets a lap dance or whatnot.
    Personally, I would say it's not something I'd encourage. However, it was for a bachelor party or something, I might be more lenient.