1. 60
    erisoraposted 3 years ago via iphone

Hello, and thank you to whomever is reading this.

I have a certain guy that I have a huge crush on. We've been friends for years now, and for the past two or so years, we are as close as best friends, if not for my girl friends.

The thing is, I'm not sure what's going on. Because I'm in high school, there was such a thing as a spring formal for us. Our friends kept bugging him to ask me, and he'd even made a poster reading "Will you go to Formal with me?" Upon questioning who it was for, he said my name. But he didn't ask me for weeks.

Anyway I'm getting off topic, but he did eventually ask me. And then a few days before the dance, he took my hand in mine. The day of the dance led to hanging out all night, dancing slow songs with him, getting a professional picture taken, just walking around outside alone... And ending with a tight hug at the end of the night.

Overall, we're what is considered best friends. We video chat every so often and text like crazy, and he calls me every night to say good night. We have this thing where we mess up each other's hair. He's called me cute when awkward on several occasions. For my birthday, he even got me a really thoughtful gift, along with a letter --- on which he proceeded to mention how I was "kinda good looking, but we're just friends."

Regretfully, he's transferring to a private all guys school (no girls lol) for the rest of high school, but we are still hanging out despite busy summer schedules. However, I don't know what he feels for me. For example, on his, many people mention my name, but when asked what we are, he replies "friends for now." Or if someone asks who he asked to Formal, he said it was me, but emphasized that we were just friends. This has gone on for a while. Even his close guy friends think he likes me, but he's never told them anything, or so they say --- they could be lying.

But I don't know. He's a fairly outgoing but sweet guy, and he's friends with a lot of girls (lol). But I'm always the only one he allows to mess his hair up, or has ever had a profile picture with, or puts his arm around in pictures (he refuses to do so for other girls), or listens to when I tell him to stop being annoying. He's taken my hand before, danced multiple slow songs with, hugged tightly.. And yet I'm always emphasized as his friend.

What should I do? I won't be seeing him much, but I want something to happen. I just want to make sure he does have those feelings for me first.

Thanks to everyone reading this extremely lengthy and off-topic essay (haha), and xoxo!

1. greeneyedblondie profile image79
      greeneyedblondieposted 8 months ago in reply to this

I'm sure you're out of high school now. If not, it'll be over soon. You can see him then.