jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (73 posts)

Seriously...?

1. writinglover profile image83
    writingloverposted 4 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8121419_f248.jpg
    Most of the time I don't attract men, but when I do, I seem to attract younger and immature guys (this sounds like a meme for "The Most Interesting Man in the World"). I had one guy hit on me recently, telling me that I was cute and that he wanted me to be his girlfriend. Well, since we only met, somehow I managed to get by without saying anything. A week later, I discover that he's in a relationship with another girl on Facebook. My first thought was "WTF?" "Didn't you just say you wanted me to be your girlfriend? What the heck is your major malfunction?" I'm glad I didn't say that I wanted to be his girlfriend--since I got ditched three days after V-Day by another guy this year.

So I took to Facebook--because I was so confused and kind of mad, I admit even though I hardly knew him (he was cute, alright)--and defined the word 'douchebaggery' just to be sarcastic (I managed to customize my settings so everybody but him--despite how seemingly dense he was). This is my definition that I posted:

"Douchebaggery: (adv) an act of stupidity. EX: A guy/girl tells you that you're hot and wants you to be their girlfriend/boyfriend. They tell you that they love you and want to kiss you. A week later, on your birthday, you find out that they got into a relationship with somebody else and they still tell you they love you and miss you, forgetting that they posted a picture of their new GF/BF on their timeline and not making it private."

I'm glad I played everything by ear, but, come on...seriously? How immature.

This forum is brought to you by 'writinglover.'

2. Zelkiiro profile image83
    Zelkiiroposted 4 years ago

Perhaps he was a Mormon...?

writingloverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't know, but I'm more than tempted to say that he's just immature since he's now four years younger than I am. As I said, I'm glad I decided to listen to my gut and pass him up (even though, I will admit, that we hardly know each other). Such as life.

1. kenneth avery profile image81
        kenneth averyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You, my dear friend, are a wise and WONDERful WOMAN.

Hi, Kenny!

You my friend, are a SUPER man! big_smile

2. Cantuhearmescream profile image84
          Cantuhearmescreamposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Look who you summoned writinglover! lol big_smile

I know! He's amazing!

Blushing . .  . Thanks writinglover and Cat. Hmmmmm, Cat, what is your secret identity? Uh, oh, Asia needs me! A stampede of water buffalo . . .bye, girls! Awayyyyy!

big_smile

What's that? Secret identity? Should I have one? Oh... yes... trembling Chihuahua! I know, I know... it doesn't fit the CAT name, but gotta take what you're given... lol big_smile

Hey, writinglover,
                  Help me out here. I'll tell Superman that "your" friend, Wonder Woman is okay.

You will need a secret identity if you want to fight crime---I've been told. Right, writinglover smile ?

2. writinglover profile image83

Yeah. Secret identities are super important! big_smile

3. Cantuhearmescream profile image84
    Cantuhearmescreamposted 4 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8121484_f248.jpg

1. Cantuhearmescream profile image84

writinglover,
      You too good to let yourself be wasted on a good half of the male population. Steer clear and when the right one comes around... he won't be saying "You're Hot... be my girlfriend" ... let him win you! Make the turd work for it, if he's worthy, he will!

I'm actually glad that I listened to my gut, but I hate to admit that I was still surprised with all that crap (and it's still coming). But I'm not worried, because he just proved to be immature and continuously so. big_smile

Sometimes it's hard to trust your gut, especially when the words they feed us are pleasant to the ears... and being cute don't help either! lol big_smile

It is hard, but caution was on my side. I'm so proud... tongue

You should be proud... I'm one to say "really, you think I'm pretty? *bats eyelashes* ... couple months later... crying in the fetal position on the floor! lol big_smile

Awww...should I send my friend, Louie to you? Louie is my Louisville slugger! LOL!

Lol... well, I've got those shoes that I beat people over the head with... lol. Maybe I need to start playing "Whack a Mole" and bop 'em in the first place rather than waiting until after they've ruined me... lol. How many times can one heart break? lol big_smile Hey, I'm smiling... I'm not in counseling and I don't take medication... lol

I guess I need to go to the arcade and sharpen my "Whack-a-Mole" skills. big_smile

2. janesix profile image59
          janesixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

And you're not

Nope. I'm actually older than he is.

1. janesix profile image59
              janesixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Age has nothing to do with maturity.

You should have ignored the whole facebook thing and not caused more drama.

I don't know where you got the idea that I was trying to cause more drama, janesix, and I admit that there are times that I don't act my own age, but, seriously, I was NOT trying to cause any drama. I was genuinely confused by his behavior, thus, the forum topic. I appreciate where you're going with this, don't get me wrong, but I had not intended to cause this so-called drama.

janesix,
                I have to apologize for being a very big part of taking this forum in an immature direction, myself. Just attempting to have a little light-hearted fun and step away from the dark and sadder moments of life, that's all. I have to speak on behalf of writinglover and in her defense, she's a wonderful, person and very well rounded. Recently broken hearted and perhaps a little more vulnerable right now. It is unfair and uncalled for when boys/guys randomly approach girls/women and toy with their emotions when uninvited and intentions are not sincere.

Ha! That's too hilarious! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

*ahem* Yeah. I did say a guy. Thankfully, that's all he is. smile

4. Winterfate profile image98
    Winterfateposted 4 years ago

That sounds about right. Way too many guys (including some of my friends, and some former friends thanks to the same) do that with women. Perhaps it has to do with feeling powerful at being able to be with any woman they want at any time. I don't know, I'm weird for a guy, so don't take my advice/insight into the male mind as gospel. tongue

That situation reminds me of John Tucker Must Die though. XD

Well.... I hope I did not offend. I know not ALL guys are the same, but a lot of the 'not so good ones' give the good ones a bad name. Being a good guy shouldn't have to be 'weird for a guy' lol big_smile

Awwwwww . . .

I won't take it as gospel, Winterfate, but I still think you have some good insight here. From the first time I saw that picture on Facebook, I suspected that he thought he could take me for a fool--otherwise he wouldn't have left that picture up for the world to see. I don't think he was being malicious, though, just immature. Oh, well. smile

5. writinglover profile image83

I don't know...squirrel! big_smile

Oh my goodness... I'm laughing so hard... and getting nothing productive done... I'm a grown damn woman! lol
      big_smile

Kinda tongue

2. kenneth avery profile image81

Cantuhearmescream . . .yes you are a grown woman, but really? Do you think that "I" am like all other guys? I beg you. Do not lump me with wife a users, jerks, deadbeat dads . . .whewww, I feel good now. Love you smile

6. Cantuhearmescream profile image84

IS THIS HER? LOL
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8121658_f248.jpg

That's her! More or less... big_smile

She doesn't look like she's ready to save the world... maybe color a picture or eat some beefaroni? lol

7. Cantuhearmescream profile image84

Yup... this one seems fitting.. lol big_smile
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8121700_f248.jpg

8. writinglover profile image83

Yep. ^_^

Is that a Jack-o-lantern? lol

I don't think she was from YuGiOh! She looked like she could be a Harpy Lady, though. big_smile

Oh... lol... I separated YuGiOh... that's cause I had to try hard to make sure I was spelling it right; did it in steps, you know? lol... I know that I can relate to her insecurities.... "Why don't you like me?' hahaha! big_smile

9. writinglover profile image83

No, it's separated. I'm just too lazy to put dashes in. Anyway, yeah. I love the picture. The Fire Princess is from the show. I just remembered. LOL! big_smile

From Yu-Gi-Oh? lol? Or Justice League? Oh my goodness!

10. writinglover profile image83

Fire Princess is from Yu-Gi-Oh! And Hawk Girl is Justice League! Looking back on this forum, I think we did a good job steering it from the main subject. LOL! big_smile

11. Zelkiiro profile image83
    Zelkiiroposted 4 years ago

What am I even looking at in here?

12. writinglover profile image83

You're looking at insanity. You don't have to follow this forum, anymore, Zelkirro, if you don't want to! I think we've established that the guy that had been hitting on me was immature and then the forum took off in an entirely different direction. LOL! I wouldn't worry about it. big_smile

13. Alphadogg16 profile image89
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

Writinglover, How old was this kid?? Men dont usually start to mature til the age of 30, women mature mentally a lot faster then men....men develop faster physically.

He was twenty.

Hey... just wanted to pop in and say; sorry about rerouting the forum (But I'm pretty sure Kenneth started it.... lol)
        Anyway, you know who you are and guys are going to come at you from all directions... you've just got to learn to develop good sensors... which of course is easier said than done. But remember this, if ever your sensors are off and you find yourself dealing with a turd... I've got shoes and they're ready to be used big_smile

Hey, Cat! You're quite right about developing good sensors. I mean, I feel like I have good sensors because I knew what he was doing. I just wanted my topic to be like, why are guys immature (or something like that), but that didn't go so well as we all know and it didn't help that I got my chops busted for appearing to be a whiny brat, which I'm not. That aside, this was just a forum thread that went wrong!

Cat and writinglover,
            I apologize to you both if I did something to cause you any confusion. You both are really special girls.Honest.

14. writinglover profile image83

Not your fault, Kenny! Let's just say we had too much fun and somebody didn't appreciate it! smile

working