bad relationship

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Crypton profile image61
    Cryptonposted 10 years ago

I am in a relationship for almost 3 years now, I made a lot of sacrifices, the girl is a bit naive and we are so different in many aspects of thinking and decision making, what I don't understand is why am I still in this relationship despite my partners character, she always puts me on shame in front of many people/stranger etc. she always yells, shes calls me names and speaks a lot of profanity which annoys me, I even asked her to learn the pitch of voice and tone cause she always sounds sarcastic. Back then in our first three months of relationship, I introduced her(my gf) to my parents, my parents didn't like her they told me that they didn't like the way she spoke to her and the way she get along with my other friends, so I decided to keep our relationship a secret, there many things that I have accepted about her, she has a lot of flaws, but I can't endure the hardships that we are going through now, I am working and shes not, she controls my life by discouraging me see my friends and parents, some years ago she's even not letting me do my hobby until I beat down to her head that its going to be a war if she wouldn't let me do my hobby (playing online game) haha how funny to start a forum like this, now I got promoted I can now play my online game with conditions, its such a lame situation

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Odd... so many ppl seeking relationship advice on a writers forum.
      Sounds like you two do not belong together or if you're serious, get counseling.

2. dashingscorpio profile image81
      dashingscorpioposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you're still playing video games then you're probably to young to be in a "serious relationship" to begin with!

Having said that it's important for you to remember that you are in charge of your own life! Two statements you used included. "she controls my life" and "she wouldn't let me do my hobby". These are the kinds of statements children make about their (mother). It's not the kind of thing a grown man would put up with.

Each of (chooses) our own friends, lovers, and spouse.
      The beautiful thing about a door is it lets those who want in (in) and those who want out (out). We are always where we (choose) to be. Anyone who is unhappy in a relationship and (chooses) to stay is (choosing) to be unhappy. While it may be unrealistic for you to expect her to (change) who she is, you can always change who you are with! Best of luck!

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8257443_f248.jpg

2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 10 years ago

I agree with Beth37.
    I don't like to give relationship advice,  but this one sounds similar to relationships I've been in,  and I can tell you that most likely if you don't sort this problem out before you permanently attach yourself to that girl,  you'll be in a nightmarish situation if she doesn't stop her bad behavior.   It's hugely disrespectful for her to call you names and act like you said she does, and controlling you.   It sounds like she has a personal problem that she needs to sort out;  it doesn't sound like you're causing her behavior;   you can only help if she takes responsibility for her own behavior and doesn't blame it on you.
    I wish you the best.

1. dashingscorpio profile image81
      dashingscorpioposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think (he) has "personal problems" for choosing someone like this! All relationships are "at will".

The fact that he chose to go "underground" with this relationship after his family and friends pointed out her flaws indicates that on some level he must (like) the way she treats him. Maybe in some twisted way he identifies having someone control him as being LOVE. He initially thought it was cute.
      People who are (unhappy) in relationships either leave or they make plans to leave when the time is right. Those who (choose) to stay either unrealistically expect their mate to "change" or they seriously don't believe they could do better.

There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships. We either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have. On man's opinion! :-)

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I can agree with that,  as long as the blame for the girl's behavior is placed on her.   After all, even if a person is submissive like he seems to be,  it still doesn't make the girl's behavior right, nor does it make him the "cause" of her behavior, really.

3. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

He can hear you guys.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I hope it's helpful to him.
      It's amazing how many young people go through relationships that are so tough.  I feel for them all,   having been young myself once!  ha.
      Feelings and reactions and all are so much more fervent,  it makes for tough times.

4. Peggasuse profile image83
    Peggasuseposted 10 years ago

With all due respect, I can't understand, after the way you describe her, how you two can still be together.  Do you like the way she treats you?  That sounds like a very negative relationship.  You look to be very young, so I have to tell you that young love seldom lasts.  It's just an experience that most of us go through while we are growing up.

Personally, I think you can look at this situation and realize what you DON'T want in a relationship.  Then, end it and go look for someone that is more compatible to you.  That's what I'd do.  We've all had our share of bad relationships.  You just have to know when to get out before it destroys you...

5. Crypton profile image61
    Cryptonposted 10 years ago

Thank you people! I know I have flaws my self, anyway the relationship had ended so bad just this week... at first I couldn't believe that she could cheat on me, but she did.... once again thank you! specially for making me realize that I should blame my self, yes choosing to be unhappy is my fault, I thought its just some trials we have to go through but as time pass by, she becomes less like the girl I knew. I grew up playing video games with my family as a bonding.  Do I have to be old and be ready for a real relationship? Does that mean people like me can't be considered mature? I am 25 turning 26 this year. Sorry I didn't made my self clear with my past posts.

I always come home late from work yet making my self funny in front her to make her smile regardless of how exhausted I am, its just recently she is not smiling anymore, the day that I found out she has another man she just said "So its just now that you came to your senses" its amazing how people can throw good memories in exchange for pleasure, I know we had so many financial problem but I stood strong managed to be happy and optimistic, I know my last post was too harsh, I was mad that day. Somehow I could still be happy cause I know her new man could give the things I lack of. When everybody turned their back at her I was there, now she have another man to lean on.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)