jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Who do you think is better off in life?

1. moneyfairy profile image62
    moneyfairyposted 3 years ago

Who do you think is better off in life a single person or a married person and why?
    Open for every gender to respond. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this subject.

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I heard a preacher once say "Marriage is like a screen door. All the flies on the inside want out and all the flies on the outside want in." I think, as in all things, he is who content is best off.

moneyfairyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Beth for your reply.

2. bBerean profile image61
      bBereanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Far too many variables to address this question in depth, so I will just contribute a general observation.  It seems as though marriage raises the stakes.  A good marriage, to the right person with the friendship, love and support that brings, allows a fulfilled life that for most people could be achieved no other way.   A bad marriage can similarly provide grief, pain, mental anguish and frustration that could be achieved almost no other way.  So I suspect if there was a way to actually and accurately gauge how happy folks are you would find marriage contributes largely to those at both ends of the scale.  As for those who find themselves between those extremes, (most everyone), I still think few would rather be alone.

moneyfairyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

bBerean: Thank you for your reply.

working