Which is more important " Love or Money"

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Stephy Lhasa Apso profile image61
    Stephy Lhasa Apsoposted 10 years ago

Suddenly this question strike in my mind today ... " Which is more important LOVE OR MONEY" to live a happy life ?? If any one have to select her partner which criteria one should follow for choosing her life partner..

1. Cardisa profile image89
      Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I hate to compare love with money because one is emotion and the other is material. If someone asked me "which is more important, love or loyalty", or "love or honesty"; some other character or emotional trait then it would be fair comparison.

Love is important for emotional and personal development. Love of oneself, love of your family, love of your spouse, being in love....all that emotional stuff which makes you feel complete.

Money in important for survival in this modern day world. The amount you have, earn or spend will determine how important it is to you.

Money is not important for happiness.

Love is not important for happiness.

Happiness is a choice you make whether you have love or money. Happiness stems from that place where you feel peace of mind, mental balance and contentment. This should depend on you and NOT whether or not you have either love or money.

Choosing your life partner should depend on what you want for your future. Are you seeking emotional security, financial security or both?

There is nothing wrong with choosing to love someone rich, nor is there anything wrong with choosing someone poor just for love.

If money is important to you then choosing someone for love alone may be a wrong choice.

As I said your choice depends on what's most important to you.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
        Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years agoin reply to this

"One can love a rich man as easily as a poor man." Thats what my (well-off) grandmother told my mother. My mother married a guy just out of college. He had a watch to his name and music books in the trunk of my mother's convertible when they came to California. However, my dad did very well for himself.  My mother married for love alone and then look what happened! But those were back in the good 'ol days. Today a girl might have to be more practical. However. you really can't go wrong with love. You can go wrong with money.

The ideal has been stated very well by Cardisa...very good advice, if you can follow it.

1. Cardisa profile image89
          Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you smile

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Money IS important, very, very important.  However, make oneself successful first before looking for a partner on equal footing.   Remember, like ALWAYS attract like.  If one wants a rich man, a woman had better become as socioeconomically successful as possible herself.  Furthermore, THERE'S  such a thing as prenuptial agreements-rich/wealthy men are smart and can detect socioeconomic vampires a/k/a golddiggers miles away.  Chances are if one is a golddigger, she WON'T get a penny or oftentimes, extremely little in terms of monetary awards lest there be a divorce.    Wealthy men SELDOM, if EVER, marry women not in their socioeconomic circles. One has to be real here!  Just SAYIN'.

2. Paul Wingert profile image61
    Paul Wingertposted 10 years ago

Money!  You can always rent love!

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
      Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years agoin reply to this

YUK

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

HEY, PAUL, my kind of person!  Succinctly stated.  If one has MONEY, one can also BUY love.  Without money, nada.   NO ROMANCE WITHOUT THE FINANCE.    AMEN and a MULTILLION APPLAUSES to Mr. Wingert!

3. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

+1,000,000,000,000,000-why DON'T people realize this?!   MONEY is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing in the world, even more important that so-called "LOVE".   Love doesn't pay the rent nor put food in the table.  If one has no money, h/she will be penurious and homeless, now see how far "LOVE" will take him/her.   Intelligent, EDUCATED adults know that money is VASTLY MORE IMPORTANT than "LOVE"....

3. Zelkiiro profile image86
    Zelkiiroposted 10 years ago

So if money can't buy happiness, I guess I'll have to rent it~

4. crreamm profile image70
    crreammposted 10 years ago

Love is forever. No one should rely on anyone else to support them monetarily. You need to support yourself so that when you find love, it isn't conditional. Usually when someone is in a relationship because of money, that clouds their idea of love because they're invested in the relationship for other motives. If you make your own money, finding true love becomes an easier task.

5. bipolartist profile image77
    bipolartistposted 10 years ago

As a woman who spent an eternity searching for a man to "save" me, I can say with great confidence that to be happy in a relationship, two people must love.

I have been with rich men, poor men, and men in between, but until love sought me out, and I let it in, I was never happy; not really.

The man I love is not rich with money. He has a great job, but we struggle sometimes. I would still rather be in a room next to him, doing nothing at all particular, than anywhere in the world. I would rather feel the heat from his left arm as he plays a stupid game on his phone than the heat from the sun at a Caribbean beach, alone or with someone I merely tolerate.

My answer is, and always will be: Love.

6. Vyanna profile image60
    Vyannaposted 6 years ago

Money comes before love because money makes the world move around. with money you can even buy love100%. A person would rather cry in a mansion than smile in a shack.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Vyanna, I am so with you on this premise.  Sadly, there are some unenlightened people who espouse a poverty, struggle mentality.  They hate money and try to indoctrinate others to believe the same as they do.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)