jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Love at First Sight

1. thirdmillenium profile image73
    thirdmilleniumposted 2 years ago

Is love at first sight possible? We are not talking about infatuation or a flash in the pan that wears off after a while. Can it be a true love if it ignites the first time you a girl? Does it continue solely on the strength of its being true, brushing aside many or some anomalies to be found in the object of love ? Or, may be because it sort of becomes a habit?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 2 years ago in reply to this

i think it can be possible.....you won't really know .....until you take a look back at your life

2. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Personally, I don't believe in "love" at first site, however I believe in the beginnings of love at first, a chemistry or attraction that may grow into love. That is primarily because I don't believe you can truly love someone as a spouse without knowing them  and accepting them.

Love is an emotion which stems from an unconditional acceptance of one's character or flaws and in order to accept such a person you need to know them to a certain extent.

3. dashingscorpio profile image85
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago in reply to this

No! Love is not about one's vision. If that were the case you could fall in love with someone on a magazine cover. Seeing someone for the first time may cause you to want to get to know that person however if for some reason you never got to speak to one another you would not suffer the heartache of someone who had actually been "in love" and went through a breakup. Just seeing someone does not establish a relationship!

In order to truly fall in love you have to go beyond your eyes. You have to spend time together and discover things about one another. Sure you can spot someone from across the room and say OMG! I want to get to know her or him; or I could see myself married to someone who looks like that.  Clearly this reaction is solely based upon physical attraction. Love at first site is simply wanting to get to know someone who caught your eye while (hoping) that they share the same values and desires as you. If it turns out that they do and a relationship ensues that is when most people say; "I fell in love with you the moment I laid eyes on you." What they really mean is they thought you were "hot" and they wanted to get to know you. It's impossible to fall in love with someone you know nothing about!

1. thirdmillenium profile image73
        thirdmilleniumposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Your analysis is incisive and  I agree.

All the same, there are any number of people who fell in love at first sight and nurtured it to a full blown love. Romeo and Juliet (OK, it is fiction) are one

2. Castlepaloma profile image26
    Castlepalomaposted 2 years ago

Yes, it could turn from a beginning of love, then bloom into true love in time
    Or first site may very well be, a deep like or infatuation. Then in time we find baggage that is too much to bear.

HEY SomewayOuttaHere
    You got a Gal ?

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

I think it is when the soul recognizes a true friend.