jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Does unrequited love usually mean "You're ugly"?

1. 0
    Lybrahposted 2 years ago

I've already asked this question, but I want to open it back up in the forums so I can get more opinions.

If someone rejects you, does it usually mean they are not attracted to you?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It means whatever it means from "I'm married" to "I'm busy" to "you scare me" to "you don't look promiscuous enough".

And beauty is not the only basis for attraction.

2. AshtonFirefly profile image83
      AshtonFireflyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

My first response would have to be "not necessarily." Someone rejecting you could be based on a number of factors. It would be helpful if you had a scenario or context with which to associate the question.

3. Say Yes To Life profile image87
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think psycheskinner hit the nail on the head.
      Just because he's not attracted to you doesn't mean it's the end of the world.  I made a fool of myself over a guy in high school.  When we saw each other at our 10 year reunion, he grabbed me and kissed me like some long lost love, even though we never so much as went on a date.  Then he introduced me to his pregnant wife, who looked none too pleased.  It was then I realized I had lost nothing.  I felt bad for his wife.
      Incidentally they wound up divorcing 17 years and 3 kids later.  Guess why???

4. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Certainly not.  I think of Dante and Beatrice.  Some of the best poetry and literature has been written in response to unrequited love.  Sometimes it's simply not to be.