jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

People & Marriage

1. 60
    StraightTalker201posted 2 years ago via iphone

I am between the ages 30-35 and I started going to weddings with my boyfriend since I was 16. I am now in my 30's and realized that marriages/weddings are no longer what they used to be or what it actually meant to stand in the house of God and vow to him and your future wife that you were going to be there for sickness and in health for richer or poor till death do you part! After attending all these special occasions in my "era" of people is that all weddings are shams meaning that now weddings are not about two people becoming as one, its about who can throw the better and more extravagant party, & how much money was made from the envelopes that guest provided when arriving at the reception. Then to only bring kids into this world and still lead the double life of Husband/Boyfriend or Wifey/Mistress. I guess in all the ranting or bitching (if u wanna call it that!) what i'm trying to say is has everyone gone MAD? Why are we not getting married for Love anymore? Why are we all getting married just to fit in with society?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't think you should judge a couple's commitment from the kind of ceremony and reception they host.

2. 60
    StraightTalker201posted 2 years ago via iphone

Sweetheart its not about passing judgment on a ceremony that is being hosted by the couple its about the reality of things. I've been a witness to it! Hence the reason why i speak! Why would you get married and make all these vows and then have a kid and while your waiting for your bun in the oven to bake they end up hooking up with the next pus*y that allows them to touch them?

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Then maybe you need to make some better friends.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

Dear ST201
    I agree it should not be happening. I hope people are marrying for love. However, I talked to one girl in her late 20's who told me she got married because she was tired of living with roommates.
    Not very romantic. Without romance, you have the unfulfilled situation where you married , but are still looking for love.  Love seems to be a deep underlying human longing…. But instead, they take ego and sex ( and greed?) in place of love and commitment (and service).

The result of this type of marriage is that both become preoccupied with extramarital affairs, and end up abandoning their offspring emotionally... and even physically... and definitely spiritually.
    A child born to these unavailable type of parents does not have consistent love. A child requires consistent love and care from at least one of the parents or he will become angry… maybe thats why we see so many angry youths, rebelling against their elders, school, and society. They end up sexting, slugging to knock out, bullying…  the mass shootings, not to mention those who end up needing pharmaceuticals for anxiety, ADHD, and depression! 
    So StraightTalker 201, thanks for talking straight.