jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Having Guy Friends

1. 60
    Miss Invisibleeposted 2 years ago via iphone

Okay, so I just broke up with my boyfriend of 6 months because he got to jealous when ever I would hang out with my best guy friends whom I have known since I was little. I was so sick and tired of him telling me I can't hang out with. He couldn't just trust me. Having guy/girls that are your friends while you're in a relationship is okay! I mean as long as you don't have any feelings for them. Why should you give up friends for somebody to have you all to them selves. I don't like that idea. If you're really good friends with someone, does it really matter what gender they are?? I think not. Who can relate?

1. kenneth avery profile image83
      kenneth averyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I used to have the same problem, but with female friends whom I had for a long time. Like you, I just grew weary of all the false accusations and such, so I slowly faded out of these friendships. I guess it was better than always being held in ridicule.

2. 60
    kiah8888posted 2 years ago

I haven't experienced this delemia yet but just so you know you did the right thing by leaving them. If they try to control a little thing like that then imagine what they would have tried to control down the road if you stayed with them. If there's no trust then there is no relationship to start with in my opinion. So just hold your head high and you will find some one better

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

I think the idea that people should only have same sex friends is rather bizarre.