your job killing your social life?

1. stclairjack profile image79
    stclairjackposted 2 years ago

Was just curious, does your line of work cramp your style? Does what you do for a living send potential suitors running for the hills?

I am a corrections officer,.. As a woman it can be a challenging line of work, exciting and down right perplexing on some days! Its rarely a dull moment and dull moments are preferred I assure you!….I really love my job,…. But,….

When the subject of jobs comes up, when your in that social situation when people might be flirting, when its clear someone is testing the waters,…. I usually get 4 standard reactions,… I thought I’d share……

1) “so you’re a cop?”…. followed by the “deer in the headlights” look,.. A long silent pause while they replay every word they said for the last 45 minutes in their head,.. You can read it like a headline on the back of their eyeballs,….. “oh god did I mention weed?.. Did I say where I hid my weed?”…. then they just split,… like someone dropped a deuce in a crowded bathroom,… they leave like the wind.

2) “so,… can you kick my ass?”…. no…. I cannot kick your ass,…. I’m 40 years old, 5 ft tall and I have rheumatoid arthritis,… I’m not going to kick your ass,.. They hired me because I can out-think your ass,.. I have big tall imposing coworkers who can kick your ass,… do you need an ass kicking?

3) “will you put your handcuffs on me when we have sex?”…,…. No…. since you JUST nixed any chance of ever having sex with me I think the cuffs are no longer an option,… during sex at least,… you still bucking for that ass kicking?

4) “do you like looking at buff guys lifting weights all day?”…. let me impress upon you just how UN-attractive the color orange is,… at this point I’m sure the actual color of saltpeter is really day-glo orange,.. And its NOT the new black.

I recently got asked if I would wear my duty belt during sex,… I was asked if I would do a strip tease with my uniform,… At this point I’m glad I don’t work at the veterinarians office!

So,…. Does anyone else have a job that challenges your social life?

1. darrensurrey profile image80
      darrensurreyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like you need to meet a better quality of man.

My only concern would be that you might get hurt by your "clients". (Presumably you've learned how to restrain people bigger than yourself, though.)