Online Dating Challenges

1. Greg Dean profile image89
    Greg Deanposted 2 years ago

I wanted to find out what people thought about online dating success? What challenges do you have? Guys tell me women don't reply and women tell me that most online guys are creeps.

I'm not sure how to navigate this and wanted to hear your thoughts please. Bad experiences, good experiences?

1. dashingscorpio profile image85
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The people you meet online are the same people one could meet offline. Dating has always had it's challenges and rejections. Online dating is nothing more than a (tool) to meet new people. Much like a fork which can be used to eat a garden salad or a slice of double fudge cake.

However if someone has a bad online dating experience they blame the whole online dating industry while an obese person never blames their fork!
      It really comes down to (choices) people make including which sites they decide to join as well as which people they (choose) to correspond with. If a person is finding that everyone they reach out to or accept a date from is a creep then maybe they need to examine their (choices).  Odds are there are people they chose to overlook who may have the qualities that are most important to sustain a relationship. Personally speaking I believe online dating works best for those people in their mid 30s if they're looking to settle down or find companionship. It pays to research the various online dating websites by reading reviews. No one would say staying the night at a Motel 6 is equivalent to staying at the Ritz Carlton Hotel simply because both of them offer cable TV and a bed to sleep in!

I know many long-term couples who met online and some who have gotten married. Nevertheless online dating is like offline dating; it really comes down to (finding someone who wants what you want.) It's not about how you met but rather who you met that really counts. You are responsible for your choices!

Generally I advise people who are looking for something serious to avoid the FREE sites. It's like buying a home in a low income area and acting shocked when you discover there is a high crime rate. Sure it's "possible" to meet someone special on a free site but it's also possible that there is a diamond ring in a dumpster somewhere in New York City as well. However if I were looking to get a diamond I would go where diamonds are known to be sold. In addition there are many niche online dating sites as well for those with "must haves" on their list (a particular religion, over age the 50, particular race, political party affiliation, pet lovers, and so on.)

No matter if you meet someone online or offline it pays to use good commonsense when dealing with strangers.