jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

1. 60
    jeff1976posted 2 years ago

Hi where do I start my best friend had a affair with a married man. His wife found out about the affair. She forgave him. She later finds out he is ill with prostrate cancer. Does she send her regards or says nothing to him? Will this illness have changed him so he stops his cheating ways?

Thank you in advance.

Regards a concerned friend.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
      Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago in reply to this

She does not send him regards. It is out of her hands and never should have been in her hands in the first place. Pretend like it…  uh, I mean to say he never was.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Your best friend needs to stay out of it. He and his wife have (chosen) to be together. When the affair was discovered that was the time for them to make their pivotal decision and they chose each other over him running off to be with your friend.

Having said that a disease is not going to stop someone from cheating if that is what they (want) to do unless it keeps them from physically carrying out the act. Nonetheless there is also a such thing as "emotional cheating".
      At the end of the day both monogamy and cheating are (choices) that the individual makes. Your friend also had a choice to have an affair with a married man. His wife chose to forgive him which implies he (asked) to be forgiven. Essentially (he) chose his wife over your friend when the chips came down. Your friend should focus on finding her own man.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

If this is not a setup for relationship advice spam I will eat my cat... I mean hat.

3. andrekennedyjr profile image68
    andrekennedyjrposted 2 years ago

Your friend really needs to stay the hell away from that situation. That wife will always have a chip on her shoulder from the whole ordeal. it is in the best interest of everyone that she forgets about this guy and find someone else to cheat with.