Random Thought/Things I Don't Understand. Desperate to be loved.

1. realtalk247 profile image70
    realtalk247posted 2 years ago

So you meet him/her.  Within a few weeks they are whispering sweet nothings in your ear about how much they love you.  Next they want to "move in together" (at your place) because you two are meant to be together.  Let's get married, you are perfect for me-month 4. Tune in for the next episode of "Fatal Attraction" or the next reality based story on Lifetime Movie Network.  Who does this?  Are people that desperate to be loved that they are willing to allow a complete stranger, someone who has done nothing more than whisper words, into their life/world/child's life without so much as a background check. 
    How many therapist discuss the dangers of instant love, affection, "add water and stir" relationships?  Although the blame for crazy is not the responsibility of the victim, people have to make better choices than to expose themselves (and more importantly their children) to people that have not passed a pre-screening process or observation of their behavior over time.  I never understood why people don't ask themselves, why are they the only one that picked up the winning lottery ticket on the ground? 

This is my random thought for the day. Feel free to chime in.......

1. AshtonFirefly profile image81
      AshtonFireflyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think you answered your own question. A lot of us are desperate for love, so we make unhealthy, unwise choices. Love [or perhaps, more accurately] romantic attraction is a very strong feeling, and can skew our reason or logic, and can even cause us to deceive ourselves.

I got engaged to a guy I had only known for two weeks. It felt great, it seemed right, all was well, I legitimately thought I was making a "logical" decision, and then bam! The lie took two weeks to believe. The truth took two years to accept.

You don't play with this stuff.